New , All American Made AK, Forged Receiver - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > New , All American Made AK, Forged Receiver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

For that moola id rather get another arsenal...

Old 01-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazurd View Post
For that moola id rather get another arsenal...
Yep I love my Bulgarian milled, it's a tack driver indeed...........

And finish quality is best than any AK I've handled........

“If you're gonna die, die with your boots on!”— Iron Maiden

“MOLON LABE”— King Leonidas

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’”— Col. Jeff Cooper

Old 01-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

sounds good but every weapon from CAI i have seen was junk. from the finish to how the was put together cheaply. you get what u pay for. and besides my lancaster was made in the US and its milled and shoots striaght as an arrow. and the finish better than any ak i have seen at any gun show.

mandy you were correct about milled and forged they are 2 different things.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:17 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranc2 View Post
sounds good but every weapon from CAI i have seen was junk. from the finish to how the was put together cheaply. you get what u pay for. and besides my lancaster was made in the US and its milled and shoots striaght as an arrow. and the finish better than any ak i have seen at any gun show.

Funny cause I have sold at least 300 Century made guns, mostly AK-47's, PSL's, CETME's, etc... and I have only had to return 2 out of the 300. Perhaps you haven't seen EVERY weapon Century has ever made. And about that Lancaster, at the gunshow last weekend I sold a Century RI-1164 AK-47 with a Dragonov stock, I got $475 out the door. How much was the Lancaster? Say, I also sold a Century Tantal, it was milled also, but it sold for $475 out the door too.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:10 AM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

of course i havent seen every gun that they have made. as for the my lancaster it was almost double that yes but i am a beliver in you get what you pay for. And wouldnt trade it for 4 of anything that i have seen. and i thought that CAI was an importer for ak's. maybe i am wrong.. and not that i will be but i wouldnt take that CAI into combat. to me the CAI does not fit the "myth" of what the ak-47 is. Maybe my expections are to high.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:34 AM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranc2 View Post
of course i havent seen every gun that they have made. as for the my lancaster it was almost double that yes but i am a beliver in you get what you pay for. And wouldnt trade it for 4 of anything that i have seen. and i thought that CAI was an importer for ak's. maybe i am wrong..
Pranc, I'm sure your Lancaster is nicer than most CAI's, but that's comparing apples to oranges. Lancaster Arms started out (and still is to a point) a smaller soviet firearms buyer, manufacturing (to a growing extent0 and finishing company directed at making above averag quality AK-47 type rifles at a more competitive price than that of other existing custom builders (Arsenal, Krebs, Vepr, etc.) They did well for themselves.

CAI is a MUCH larger importer of Eastern surplus firearms, builder and wholesaler of the same family of firearms. They do not claim to have any finish on the majority of their rifles, other than parkerized metal and plain poly or wood furniture. However, this can be done (and is a lot of fun) by the owner. That is why they are cheaper, but the function is the same, from what I've seen.

It should also be noted that Lancaster as of the last year has begun to earn a reputation of very inconsistent quality control. I have seen canted mag wells and front sight posts, as well as ill fitting dust covers and gas tubes. Don't get me wrong! A few minor defects wouldn't steer me from them, but it is worth a look.

I've also seen many of the same types of things out of CAI, but they always go BANG!

Old 01-29-2011, 07:08 AM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

yes i agree with most of what you say and the story of my lancaster isnt a short one (8 months after i paid) but the frist one they sent me was the real deal.

the statement was about milled rifles and i just figure get your moneys worth if you are going all the way to milled. the milled cause more stress throughout the weapon. so the rest of it needs to be stronger as well. on a stamped ak the weapon flex to the right due to the recoil. i am sure most of you know. so if you are just getting a ak to jack around with get a stamped one and have fun. none the less i will take a better look at CAI. knew that they were a bigger company. i think that there are private owned gas stations bigger than lancaster. but mine was worth the money and the wait.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:18 AM   #28

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Back in the '80's the rumor came out that Norinco was going to bring in a FORGED receiver AK47 called "The Legend". OOHhhhh!! I had to have one. Then we got them in and they weighed a couple of pounds more than the "crappy" sheetmetal AKM I already had. Hmm.....Heavy....

Did some research and discovered that the Russians realized that a stamped receiver was sufficient for the AKM.

I've owned a pile of AKs over the years and never wore out a receiver. And when 7.62x39 was $70 per thousand I shot a LOT of rounds through those AKs.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-11-2011, 03:29 AM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

the russians and chinese also used 1.5mm steel and not 1mm which is mostly what is coming in now. the only milled ak's came out of china because of a surplus of drangov receivers. even heard that due to the recoil the ak flexes to the right. and this is normal and that milled receivers cause more stress throughout and could also cause other part to fail down the chain. and the milled weapon has more recoil and heavier yes. on top of that mine is an underfold so even more recoil. noticeably more than my sks. but still not that bad.