New , All American Made AK, Forged Receiver
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > New , All American Made AK, Forged Receiver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 05:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New , All American Made AK, Forged Receiver

Centery Arms is now making a new AK-47, all parts made in the USA including a forged steel receiver.
I don't know the price yet, betting somewhere around $800 or so, but I'm going to start putting my pennies away.

It has a longer synthetic stock made for us gringos.
Looks like a really nice weapon.

I've wanted an AK for a while, now I have an excuse to get one.
I want to take advantage of the cheap ammo.

In the 5.56, I have a couple of really good Mini 14'[s (With a lot of work), but will not buy a Mini 30 due to the fact that they break FP's like crazy on the Mil Surp ammo, so I won't buy one or any other Ruger product, but that's another story.

I'm just glad to see a new American made AK for sale with the forged receiver.
Very good looking weapon.
The Dillon, Blue Press monthly sales book has a write up on them.

John K

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-14-2010, 05:35 AM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

That is great news, I've wanted to ad an AK to the vault but couldn't ever find one with a forged receiver, everything was stamped.

Thanks John...Gotta Link? Here ya go About » Century International Arms

People get the government they deserve.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:40 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 26

It says it's machined from a solid block thus it's a milled receiver.......

Good find thou.

I wonder how much for one of those and if the CAI bad rap will stick to those too

“If you're gonna die, die with your boots on!”— Iron Maiden

“MOLON LABE”— King Leonidas

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’”— Col. Jeff Cooper

Old 12-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
It says it's machined from a solid block thus it's a milled receiver.......

Good find thou.

I wonder how much for one of those and if the CAI bad rap will stick to those too
SAME THING. The milled receiver=, is milled from a steel forging.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
SAME THING. The milled receiver=, is milled from a steel forging.
Not necessarily, can be a cast block or ingot

Old 12-18-2010, 11:45 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Not necessarily, can be a cast? block or ingot
The process of "casting" steel is quite different than that of a "forging". If this was the case I doubt CAI would be advertising their new rifles as "forged". And I KNOW CAI is not going to mill a receiver from a block or "billet" as we call it in the firearms world.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
The process of "casting" steel is quite different than that of a "forging". If this was the case I doubt CAI would be advertising their new rifles as "forged". And I KNOW CAI is not going to mill a receiver from a block or "billet" as we call it in the firearms world.
The only problem I have is that I don't see where it says forged, forged is a hammering process, and casting as you pointed is a block or Billet as everywhere is called.
Maybe I'm reading in the wrong page at the site, but in the following page I can't find the word forged, just that it's machined from a 11 pound block of 4140 ordnance quality steel, thus my assumption of a billet or block.
Please link me to where it says forged

Century International Arms

100% American Made! No imported parts! Century is the only company making an all U.S. made AK!

The Centurion 39 is assembled using all new U.S. manufactured parts. It is different from other rifles on the market in that the receiver is machined from an 11 pound block of 4140 ordnance quality steel. The barrel is equipped with a proprietary V shaped Chevron Compensator, designed exclusively by Century. This unparalleled compensator design directs gases upward, which reduces recoil and makes the rifle more controllable. Instead of adjusting for windage from the front sight like other similar rifles, the rear sight is adjustable for both windage and elevation. Other features include a high visibility front sight post and a buttstock that is 1 inch longer than military style stocks, for better comfort and handling. The upper and lower handguard have four Picatinny rails which can be used to accessorize the Centurion 39 with red dot sights, scopes, lights, lasers and a fore grip. Barrel: 16.5” with a 1:10 twist, Overall: 37.25”, Weight: 8.2 lbs. Comes with two U.S. made 30 rd. mags. Condition: New. Not available for sale in NJ, MA, CA, CT, HI or where prohibited by law.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:23 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
The only problem I have is that I don't see where it says forged, forged is a hammering process, and casting as you pointed is a block or Billet as everywhere is called.
Maybe I'm reading in the wrong page at the site, but in the following page I can't find the word forged, just that it's machined from a 11 pound block of 4140 ordnance quality steel, thus my assumption of a billet or block.
Please link me to where it says forged

Century International Arms

100% American Made! No imported parts! Century is the only company making an all U.S. made AK!

The Centurion 39 is assembled using all new U.S. manufactured parts. It is different from other rifles on the market in that the receiver is machined from an 11 pound block of 4140 ordnance quality steel. The barrel is equipped with a proprietary V shaped Chevron Compensator, designed exclusively by Century. This unparalleled compensator design directs gases upward, which reduces recoil and makes the rifle more controllable. Instead of adjusting for windage from the front sight like other similar rifles, the rear sight is adjustable for both windage and elevation. Other features include a high visibility front sight post and a buttstock that is 1 inch longer than military style stocks, for better comfort and handling. The upper and lower handguard have four Picatinny rails which can be used to accessorize the Centurion 39 with red dot sights, scopes, lights, lasers and a fore grip. Barrel: 16.5” with a 1:10 twist, Overall: 37.25”, Weight: 8.2 lbs. Comes with two U.S. made 30 rd. mags. Condition: New. Not available for sale in NJ, MA, CA, CT, HI or where prohibited by law.

It's is a mystery for now, but it own't be total junk, just kinda "junky" like the rest of their products.

Would we expect any different?

Old 12-20-2010, 06:31 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman55 View Post
Centery Arms is now making a new AK-47, all parts made in the USA including a forged steel receiver.
I don't know the price yet, betting somewhere around $800 or so, but I'm going to start putting my pennies away.

It has a longer synthetic stock made for us gringos.
Looks like a really nice weapon.

I've wanted an AK for a while, now I have an excuse to get one.
I want to take advantage of the cheap ammo.

In the 5.56, I have a couple of really good Mini 14'[s (With a lot of work), but will not buy a Mini 30 due to the fact that they break FP's like crazy on the Mil Surp ammo, so I won't buy one or any other Ruger product, but that's another story.

I'm just glad to see a new American made AK for sale with the forged receiver.
Very good looking weapon.
The Dillon, Blue Press monthly sales book has a write up on them.

John K
Unfortunately, the original chrome-lined barrels are now illegal to import. I haven't heard anything good about the made in US barrels that have replaced the originals...

Old 12-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Really??? That was one of the most common features that sellers have used for decades in order to advertise the high points of the AK-47.

Do you have any links that would give us a bit more insight into this???