New AK on order from Classic Arms.....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > New AK on order from Classic Arms.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Default New AK on order from Classic Arms.....

Just wanted to let all of you know that I have ordered the Romanian M-10 AK-47 (the one with the Tapco stock, trigger group & tactical rail as the foregrip). I have not rec'd it yet but it is in transit to my LGS here. Shipped UPS ground so I may have it before Christmas (not sure though). I will snap some pics when it comes in. Excited about joining the AK club. Also hoping that this one was a good choice as far as reliability goes....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-29-2011, 03:43 PM   #2

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

So, did Kalashni Klaus show up for Xmas?

Old 12-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I got one for Christmas. 360 rounds later, I am still smiling. Out of the box it needed one turn of windage on the rear site and we were good to go at 50 yards with 3"groups off hand. Didn't get more than 60 rounds myself, once I fired it, a line formed to shoot it. Everyone enjoyed it. I can't wait to get more time behind the trigger and dial it in at longer range!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
So, did Kalashni Klaus show up for Xmas?
Yes, and I am loving it...
I took my two boys (14 & 11) to the range yesterday and we burned up 210 trouble free rounds. Not a single FTF or misfire. Was shooting Tul steel case FMG 125gr ammo.
It was also a bit more accurate than I expected. I have heard stories that AK's are not all that accurate. But it immediatly, out of the box was shooting 3" groups at 50 yards and we were able to hit galllon milk jugs at 100 yards with the iron sights. I had the elevation mis-adjusted at first (due to the meters to yards conversion - as my math stinks) and I was shooting high at 100 yards. took me 5 shots to zero on the 1st milk jug. My 14 year old hit his in 2 shots. Can't ask for any better than that in my opinion!!!
I will take & post some pics....

Old 12-30-2011, 08:02 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Happy to hear of another M10-762 owner with a similar (if not exact) experience with the firearm.

Even the wife got into shooting the M10-762. She names everything, so this gun was christened "MOM" because she thought the 'M+M' on the rail looked like "MoM" How many AKs are there in the world named "mom" ?!?

Last edited by BodySnatcher; 12-30-2011 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Video/pic upload failed

Old 12-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodySnatcher View Post
Happy to hear of another M10-762 owner with a similar (if not exact) experience with the firearm.

Even the wife got into shooting the M10-762. She names everything, so this gun was christened "MOM" because she thought the 'M+M' on the rail looked like "MoM" How many AKs are there in the world named "mom" ?!?
Cool!
My wife is saying that she wants to go shooting with the guys the next time we go (and she wants to shoot the M10, as well). I figure it's a win/win if I can get her interested in shooting. She will not question my purchases as much :-)

Old 12-31-2011, 05:18 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Search YouTube for "Colleen AK47" you should find my wife unloading the last 10 rounds from the M10-762

Old 01-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodySnatcher View Post
Search YouTube for "Colleen AK47" you should find my wife unloading the last 10 rounds from the M10-762
Thanks! I found it - pretty cool!
I let my wife watch it to.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #9

I have finally snapped some pics....

Old 01-22-2012, 02:31 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

What scope mount did you go with?
Can you still use the iron sights?

I put a micro red-dot on mine. I was impressed when I shot a ragged hole less than the size of a quarter at 50 yards with 10 rounds.

But the red-dot blocks the iron sights- so I am looking for a mount.