New AK left handed charging handle. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > New AK left handed charging handle.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator
It is easy indeed with a quick left rifle tilt if you want to hang on to the pistol grip. The point made of keeping the sights on target may be valid in a fixed target drill, but less so against moving targets that you likely have to reacquire anyway. That said, I have seen a quote from a Russian Ministry of Defense official, that the AK is "morally outdated". Don't know what it means exactly, but could be the it's operation too.
I just reach under an AK with my support hand and charge it with my index finger and can still keep a decent sight picture,but I have found myself reaching over with the tilt more often since I got my Hillbilly firearms Galil with the upswept charging handle.