Need info bout EAA ak 47
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Need info bout EAA ak 47

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need info bout EAA ak 47

Really all I need to know is first what kind of scope would work best on this? I had a 3-9x40 ncstar scope on it but the riffle was shooting to low for the scope to adjust at 50-100yards..(RIFLE DOES NOT HAVE THE SIDEMOUNT ONLY HAS RAILS ON TOP DUST COVER) I'm not looking for the most pricey out there but I need and want something good.. Second: keep in mind this is an EAA zstava AK 47, I'm wondering if I can get a better/ longer barrel for this rifle to help with velocity and accuracy.. if anyone has any info please let me know.. thanks and have a great day..

Last edited by The_Mapex_Killer; 10-02-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #2

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

i have tried these two mounts and i know they work very well and hold perfect zero.

this one works best for me if no side rail is available

B-Square AK-47/MAK-90 Weaver-Style Scope Mount w/ 1 Rings [BSQ18600] - $37.95 : JABTAC.com, 888.99.JABTAC - Guns, Parts, & Tactical Gear

here it is on my draco

this is also a great mount
SCOPE MOUNT BERYL STYLE FOR SAIGA RIFLES & AK47 RIFLES

both of them u will need a normal ak dust cover, get rid of the worthless dust cover with that rail.

as for the barrel if u want a longer one get an RPK, there is no ez way to change a barrel on an ak. im not sure but u might be able to get a saiga with the long barrel in x39.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mapex_Killer View Post
(RIFLE DOES NOT HAVE THE SIDEMOUNT ONLY HAS RAILS ON TOP DUST COVER)

Dump the dust cover rail, get something that attaches to the receiver, the dustcover rails will not hold zero..........

The Bsquare seems like a good option since you'll retain your stock sights with it, with the CSS rail, the stock rear have to be removed.

“If you're gonna die, die with your boots on!”— Iron Maiden

“MOLON LABE”— King Leonidas

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’”— Col. Jeff Cooper

Old 10-19-2011, 02:59 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Dump the dust cover, railed gas tube, and the reciever mount.

Go w/ an Attero or Midwest Industries mount that replaces the rear sight. They both cowitness and add minimul weight. And it doesn't hurt that they looks nice and clean.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #5

Liked 42 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 70

your talking about the 10rd single stack ak47, yes i know what that dust cover looks like, its crap for sure, also a good thing to do would be to buy the side rail and factory dust cover, togather should be under $50, then have a gunsmith put the rail on for you for about $70.

i know this sounds expencive but u would be much happier with that rifle once that has been done, or just sell it and get a wasr, they are the same thing but the wasr has been modded to accept stock ak mags. they usally have a side rail on them

how much did u pay for it by the way, i see EAA PAP rifles around here for about $250-$300

Old 10-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathantc View Post
your talking about the 10rd single stack ak47, yes i know what that dust cover looks like, its crap for sure, also a good thing to do would be to buy the side rail and factory dust cover, togather should be under $50, then have a gunsmith put the rail on for you for about $70.

i know this sounds expencive but u would be much happier with that rifle once that has been done, or just sell it and get a wasr, they are the same thing but the wasr has been modded to accept stock ak mags. they usally have a side rail on them

how much did u pay for it by the way, i see EAA PAP rifles around here for about $250-$300
If you go the side mount make sure you get one as low profile as possible. It'll allow cowitness and a proper cheek weld. RSRegulate.com makes a great mount.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:09 AM   #7

Those of you that say the dust cover rails are crap must not use them.. I mounted a $100(cheap) 4-16x40 scope on this EAA zastava AK 47 and its able to hit center of the targets at 100yrds all day,better once the barrel is warm but even when cold its right on..

forumrunner_20120203_000837.jpg  

Old 02-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mapex_Killer View Post
Those of you that say the dust cover rails are crap must not use them.. I mounted a $100(cheap) 4-16x40 scope on this EAA zastava AK 47 and its able to hit center of the targets at 100yrds all day,better once the barrel is warm but even when cold its right on..
How many rounds in one trip have you put through the rifle w/ the dust cover rail?

Bench rest gun?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #9

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mapex_Killer
Are the targets in your pic @ 100 yds? If so, you just made their point about the DC mount. No offense, man.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #10

I have put 500+rounds through it at 100 yards (75-100 each trip taking my time)with the scope on the dust cover rail and yes the targets in the pic is at 100yards.. Im not trying to say I know everything or anything but this AK is the first one I have ever owned and second one I have shot and its extremely accurate up to 100yrds for an AK .. It did take some adjustments and time to get it right but once I did it hits 2-4 inch groups when I need it to at 100yrds(the target in the pics I was aiming at certain spots testing ammo)..... I do know that these ak's are more accurate than most others because of their design but it really comes down to ammo you use.. For an AK at 100yards its not bad.. but now the scope and all is on my new toy and the AK just has a flashlight and laser on it..lol

Last edited by The_Mapex_Killer; 02-05-2012 at 01:35 AM.