Need help on red dot scopes - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Need help on red dot scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMarine View Post
You've never actually had one, have you. Don't pass judgment if you don't know what you're talking about. Those sights are perfectly adequate if all you're doing is target shooting up to around 100 meters. Yeah if I was going into battle I wouldn't think of it, but I'm not so I don't need an $800 sight and I doubt you do either.
You may be right but the word "adequate" implies compromise. They may be adequate for a range toy or an Airsoft gun like they were designed for but your claim that they are "almost as good as" is quite the stretch and is misleading to those who don't know. My gripe was simply based on you comparing the two.

If they were "almost as good as" an Aimpoint they would be marketing them for real firearms.

You also have a good point about not needing a "battle proven" RDS. I have some Aimpoints on rifles I have for those bump in the night and some like my .22 AR and Draco that wear Primary Arms micros. You just need to know the limitations of the firearm and the optic you put on it.

What Aimpoint costs $800?

Old 12-03-2011, 04:47 AM   #12

you for get that I never said they were as good as or better than an aimpoint, amd the reason they're not on the market as sights for real guns is they're based out of china, and they're idiots. But in truth they really are probably up to par with most average red dots for the casual shooter, and then you consider the fact that they're only $70 and you realize what a deal you get with them. When I said its almost as good as an aimpoint mabye I was a bit out of line, but when it comes to value for dollar you can't beat em. They really are as good as a sight that'd probably cost twice the amount.
P.s. $800 was just a number I was using to make a point I realize nothing but a genuine eotech would cost that much

Old 12-03-2011, 05:07 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMarine View Post
you for get that I never said they were as good as or better than an aimpoint, amd the reason they're not on the market as sights for real guns is they're based out of china, and they're idiots. But in truth they really are probably up to par with most average red dots for the casual shooter, and then you consider the fact that they're only $70 and you realize what a deal you get with them. When I said its almost as good as an aimpoint mabye I was a bit out of line, but when it comes to value for dollar you can't beat em. They really are as good as a sight that'd probably cost twice the amount.
P.s. $800 was just a number I was using to make a point I realize nothing but a genuine eotech would cost that much
Whats a genuine EoTech? My EoTech cost around $400 as did my Aimpoints.

Value is very important to me as I'm "balling on a budget" . Aimpoint is the best value for the dollar on the market. What other optic can be left on for roughly 5 years, thrown about, downright abused, blown up, and still put rounds on target? None that I know of. To me that's peace of mind worth every penny.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:26 AM   #14

Must've been one of the lucky ones, my 555 was like $620 with a military discount. And yes I too realize the value of longevity but who is running around leaving their sight on smashing into things? With their target gun no less. I personally keep my sk in a padded case inside a gun safe, and make a point of turning all the attachments off.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:49 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Not lucky I just bypass the NV option. No need for it being as I don't have NODs or NV equipment.

Do you not believe in training w/ your weapon systems? Familiarization is important when implementing a tool that can take a life.

I'm not one to baby my firearms, they're tools to me. Either a tool for entrainment or tools for self defense. Speaking of self defense, do you think you'll have time to turn the dot on when you most need it?

We're getting off topic now. My point is comparing airsoft to Aimpoint is misleading to those who don't know better.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #16

First and foremost I don't use a red dot/holo on my home defense gun its just not nessiscary when its a 12ga semi auto. Secondly I don't "baby" my guns I take care of them so that when I need them I don't even have a thought about if they'll work, and so that when I have kids down the road I can eventually pass my guns on to them. Let's just leave it at you have your opinions and I have mine, us butting heads is totally pointless and not contributing to the forum at all.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I'll reiterate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post

We're getting off topic now. My point is comparing airsoft to Aimpoint is misleading to those who don't know better.
Nothing personal.