Need help on red dot scopes
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Need help on red dot scopes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need help on red dot scopes

Whats a good red dot for sks but wont break the bank

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5686 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 377

I just got a vortex strikefire red/green dot scope. 150$ comes with a mounting ring for picatinny and a 2x doubler and flip up scope caps. Quite a lot of stuff actually. I been hearing good things about vortex from folks here and decided to try it.

The vortex has a no bs warranty and they honor it. Long as you dont intentionally break it they replace no problems.

Im going to try it on my 458 socom if it works for that im going to get another for my m&p 15-22. Right now its on my m&p. Cant try it out on the big boy until first weekend in december

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #3

Thanks for the info my friend gave me a trueglo I think its called but every time I fire more 5 rounds it it just shuts off dont no whats wrong with it

Old 11-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5686 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 377

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Thanks for the info my friend gave me a trueglo I think its called but every time I fire more 5 rounds it it just shuts off dont no whats wrong with it
im not a dot scope expert might try the optics section for that one

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I like micro RDS either from Aimpoint or the lesser priced versions from Primary Arms. I like my weapons to be as light as possible and my line of sight to be as wide as possible. The micros seem to be perfect for me. The are extremely light and don't obstruct my vision when looking over the weapon.

The micros from PA are around $100

Im not sure how you're planning on mounting it. Picitiny rail?

Old 11-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I will second primary arms. I've got one on my AR and it is great. Good battery life and holds zero. Also really good people to deal.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:53 AM   #7

Assuming you already have the picitanny rail for your gun id look at Swiss Arms. I know they're technically for airsoft guns but they're actually pretty nice and could probably be found for like $150 if you shop around a bit. Id even go so far to say that they're almost as good as aimpoints for about 1/3 the price.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:57 AM   #8

Correction make that $70 for a good one I must've zoned out or something

Old 12-02-2011, 03:32 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMarine View Post
Assuming you already have the picitanny rail for your gun id look at Swiss Arms. I know they're technically for airsoft guns but they're actually pretty nice and could probably be found for like $150 if you shop around a bit. Id even go so far to say that they're almost as good as aimpoints for about 1/3 the price.
Holy ****, seriously?

You're comparing airsoft toys to the most respected RDS on the market? You're doing a disservice by posting this on a public forum. Someone might actually believe it.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

Holy ****, seriously?

You're comparing airsoft toys to the most respected RDS on the market? You're doing a disservice by posting this on a public forum. Someone might actually believe it.
You've never actually had one, have you. Don't pass judgment if you don't know what you're talking about. Those sights are perfectly adequate if all you're doing is target shooting up to around 100 meters. Yeah if I was going into battle I wouldn't think of it, but I'm not so I don't need an $800 sight and I doubt you do either.