Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Need help on red dot scopes (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/need-help-red-dot-scopes-52140/)

45acp 11-20-2011 02:16 PM

Need help on red dot scopes

Whats a good red dot for sks but wont break the bank

JonM 11-20-2011 02:31 PM

I just got a vortex strikefire red/green dot scope. 150$ comes with a mounting ring for picatinny and a 2x doubler and flip up scope caps. Quite a lot of stuff actually. I been hearing good things about vortex from folks here and decided to try it.

The vortex has a no bs warranty and they honor it. Long as you dont intentionally break it they replace no problems.

Im going to try it on my 458 socom if it works for that im going to get another for my m&p 15-22. Right now its on my m&p. Cant try it out on the big boy until first weekend in december

45acp 11-20-2011 03:30 PM

Thanks for the info my friend gave me a trueglo I think its called but every time I fire more 5 rounds it it just shuts off dont no whats wrong with it

JonM 11-20-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45acp (Post 632132)
Thanks for the info my friend gave me a trueglo I think its called but every time I fire more 5 rounds it it just shuts off dont no whats wrong with it

im not a dot scope expert might try the optics section for that one

mjkeat 11-20-2011 07:29 PM

I like micro RDS either from Aimpoint or the lesser priced versions from Primary Arms. I like my weapons to be as light as possible and my line of sight to be as wide as possible. The micros seem to be perfect for me. The are extremely light and don't obstruct my vision when looking over the weapon.

The micros from PA are around $100

Im not sure how you're planning on mounting it. Picitiny rail?

jd-tex 11-30-2011 12:26 PM

I will second primary arms. I've got one on my AR and it is great. Good battery life and holds zero. Also really good people to deal.

1stMarine 12-02-2011 02:53 AM

Assuming you already have the picitanny rail for your gun id look at Swiss Arms. I know they're technically for airsoft guns but they're actually pretty nice and could probably be found for like $150 if you shop around a bit. Id even go so far to say that they're almost as good as aimpoints for about 1/3 the price.

1stMarine 12-02-2011 02:57 AM

Correction make that $70 for a good one I must've zoned out or something

mjkeat 12-02-2011 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1stMarine (Post 641535)
Assuming you already have the picitanny rail for your gun id look at Swiss Arms. I know they're technically for airsoft guns but they're actually pretty nice and could probably be found for like $150 if you shop around a bit. Id even go so far to say that they're almost as good as aimpoints for about 1/3 the price.

:eek: Holy ****, seriously?

You're comparing airsoft toys to the most respected RDS on the market? You're doing a disservice by posting this on a public forum. Someone might actually believe it.

1stMarine 12-02-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat

:eek: Holy ****, seriously?

You're comparing airsoft toys to the most respected RDS on the market? You're doing a disservice by posting this on a public forum. Someone might actually believe it.

You've never actually had one, have you. Don't pass judgment if you don't know what you're talking about. Those sights are perfectly adequate if all you're doing is target shooting up to around 100 meters. Yeah if I was going into battle I wouldn't think of it, but I'm not so I don't need an $800 sight and I doubt you do either.