Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Need help finding reliable Chinese SKS Mag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need help finding reliable Chinese SKS Mag

I have a Norinco Chinese SKS and am looking for a source for reliable mags. I recently ordered a 20 round Blued Steel Mega Mags from www.gunaccessories.com and they stop feeding after about 3 or 4 rounds. The 10 round that comes with it feeds fine.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #2

Default Tapco 20-rnd.

Get the Tapco 20-round polymer mags. They have worked flawlessly in two SKS's of mine. They are less than $20. Cheaper Than Dirt sells them, or direct from TAPCO. If you still have your wooden stock, you may have to shave a little inside the mag opening.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:16 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

you may not want to hear this, but... keep the stock one! It works fine, and you can reload the sks pretty fast. Better to avoid ftf's and reload more often, than to have a larger capacity that may or may not work.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
Kix

I agree with janikphoto and kevlar.

Tapco is the best for sks mags. but best using the 10 round fix'd with stripper clips ... I know after spending a bunch of money on clips that fail all the time, tapco works the best. 20 rd'rs are tough to find at the moment, a lot of places sold out of them or on back order

also if you or anyone can get your hands on a fix'd 20rd'r, get it. I have one on 1 of my chinese sks's, came with the gun when we bought it. Works great as well and it takes stripper clips!!!

Kix