Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > need help with anyone who has bought one of these

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default need help with anyone who has bought one of these

i was wondering if anyone has had any problems with one of these ak's cause i wanna buy one.

Item# AK 47 DD1202 Rifle $399.00
Brand: Century Arms

AK 47 DD1202 Rifle , 762 x 39 semi auto , These are great basic imported Romanian AK 47 rifles and feature all the basic features . The rifle is a good choice for the customer that wants an economically priced AK platform .

16 inch chrome lined barrel
Threadded barrel with removable brake
Bayonet lug
Side mount scope rail
Military surplus wooden stock with front vertical pistol grip
Comes with 2 - 30 round mags
Basic AK47 military surplus cleaning kit
1 year factory warranty

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2255 Times on 1185 Posts
Likes Given: 153

From the looks of the receiver, it appears to be a WASR. Originally imported as a reduced capacity rifle that accepts single stack 10 round mags. They are modified to accept the standard capacity 30 round AK mags and US parts added to insure 922r compliance.

The AK platform is pretty simple. Even the monkeys at Century have a hard time screwing these up. $399 is a very reasonable price, but shoot it immediately to make sure they did not bugger up the mods. If it shoots reliably out of the box, chances are it will give you a lifetime of reliable service.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 05-22-2010, 01:21 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

These guns are great! I've shoot them for several years and never had a problem. The gun you get will not look as pretty ans the one pictured, but with a little work and a lot of fun you can get it however you want it. Check around for pricing J&G Sales has great deals periodically that sometimes include a few hundred rounds of Brown Bear.

I've never had a problem with a Century build.

If you have any questions about common replacement/upgraded/modified internal/external parts that most of us do let me know. Also if you'd like some tips on how to get your gun looking a bit more sexy drop me a line.

Have fun!