Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > N-pap vs O-pap Zastiva rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default N-pap vs O-pap Zastiva rifles

Little confused here. I am sold on buying a Zastiva pap AK being as I just sold my last AK so I cant be with out one.

Anyways I cant find the difference between the N-pap. and the O-pap. The N-pap seems to be more expensive.

I want the AK with the nicer wood, no scope rail on the dust cover, the longer stock and the bigger fore end. Its the slightly upgraded AK. Are both the paps like that?

Thanks for the help....very confused

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts

The N-Pap is the one you are looking for. Its the "limited edition" one from Century. Or at least that is what my rep told me. It has the markings on the wood and looks and feels like real wood vs the other one. Its real heavy because of the barrel. Its bad as hell but its heavy.

Life is too short to shoot an ugly gun.
Will Meade
Owner/Operator
www.Sharkcoasttactical.com

Old 06-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts

I have one for sale if ya want to pm me

Life is too short to shoot an ugly gun.
Will Meade
Owner/Operator
www.Sharkcoasttactical.com

Old 06-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have the O PAP and it is excellent! Much more heavy duty than my GP 1975, as it has the RPK receiver which is about .5 mm thicker than on the N PAP. The big difference is that the O PAP is stronger but heavier and the stock is not for customizing as it is solidly bolted to the receiver and does not have the usual tang at the rear of the receiver! I love my O PAP,but if you are looking to sporterize it I would get the N PAP, if you want solid wood furniture go with the OPAP! Both are good AK's, but the O PAP is very heavy duty!!!

Old 06-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powellwj
I have the O PAP and it is excellent! Much more heavy duty than my GP 1975, as it has the RPK receiver which is about .5 mm thicker than on the N PAP. The big difference is that the O PAP is stronger but heavier and the stock is not for customizing as it is solidly bolted to the receiver and does not have the usual tang at the rear of the receiver! I love my O PAP,but if you are looking to sporterize it I would get the N PAP, if you want solid wood furniture go with the OPAP! Both are good AK's, but the O PAP is very heavy duty!!!
The OPAP is on sale for $599 at JG Sales, which is another good reason to get one while they last!

Old 07-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #6

Liked 62 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powellwj View Post
The OPAP is on sale for $599 at JG Sales, which is another good reason to get one while they last!
Ordered one yesterday. Read lots of good reviews on it. Will be my first AK (other than a GSG 22), looking forward to it. Any way you look at it the OPAP at J&G is an excellent value.