N-pap
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > N-pap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2014, 09:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default N-pap

I'm looking to get a low cost AK rifle, but I have been turned off to WASR's because of the mag well and they seem a little lower quality then I want. It looks like I have found an amazing deal on an N-PAP style one at https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/ak47-yugo-zastava-n-pap-fixed-wood-stock-detail.html?Itemid=0 for only $479, but I know nothing about them. Any pros or cons from the group? Any personal experience?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2014, 12:29 AM   #2
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7657 Times on 4165 Posts
Likes Given: 16053

Default N-pap

Atlantic has a pretty good following. I don't know about that product, though.
Decide on what you want and search GunWatcher for the lowest price.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Quentin Likes This 
Old 11-17-2014, 12:41 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2468 Times on 1726 Posts
Likes Given: 1255

I own one. Grab that deal right now. It is a cut above in quality. It has a heavy receiver, the bolt carrier is stainless steel, the AK optic rail is installed, and the bolt can be locked back, and the factory trigger is better than mil-spec (in fact better than the standard AR). The relative negative is the high comb (but for optics it is better).

Old 11-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #4

Liked 1067 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1063

Being Yugoslavian, the N-PAP probably doesn't have a chrome lined barrel like the WASR-10/63. It isn't a big deal but you wanted pros and cons. And both are imported by Century Arms.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.