Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > My new zombie gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 01:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default My new zombie gun

Well, I broke down and went to my LGS and bought a used Saiga 223 for $465 with tax.

I picked up a box or two of Tulammo and went out and shot it, after I field stripped it and cleaned it.

It shoots well - about 3 inches low but I was able to shoot 20 rds off hand at 50m and keep them around two inches, and I was shooting pretty fast, with the iron sights, not great but it was the first time I shot it too. I was mostly checking for function.

I am gonna have to do some work on it.

I will have to convert it I think.

It has a Tapco stock that has a 4 position collapseable and that worked okay buyt one of the sling mounts I will have to cut off/take off - I am a lefty and I want to carry it with a one or two point sling. The one on the side digs into me a bit

It has an NCStar flashlight mounted on a rail in front of a Blackhawk vertical grip - I like the switch on it because I am able to reach up with my weak hand index finger and turn it on easily

The front forearm is not good, SGM Tactical molded with rails - I will probably order a Tapco Infuse or other forearm with rail mounts to replace that.

It came with a 30 rd Surefire Magazine that holds the bolt open after the last shot - I really like that.

The iron sights are very good but I will probably get a Vortex Strike Fire and either use a regular mount or scout configuration type of scope mounting

I will have to cut off the barrel shroud and get it threaded for a AK 74 type flash suppressor or other type of sight suppressor.

So, I am gonna surf YouTube and figure this all out

Thanks guys

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-09-2012, 01:30 AM   #2

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Pictures!!

Old 06-09-2012, 02:14 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 12

The target

Zombie gun and target