Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > My new SKS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default My new SKS

Just picked her up a couple of days ago and she is perdy.
Pictures aren't the greatest but you get the jest. I have big plans for my new SKS, I'm going to pull the stock off and replace it with a new Tapco INTRAFUSE Stock and other goodies.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

What kind of SKS do you have? Yugoslavian, Russian, Chinese, etc?

I have my Chinese SKS in a Tapco T6 stock (very similar to the interfuse) and like it very much. I can't tell for sure from the pics, but your stock looks like the dragunov-style stock that is pretty popular.

Are you considering a scope, and if so, how do you plan to mount it?

I enjoy my SKS & hope you enjoy yours.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #3

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Nice from what I can see. Let us know how she shoots.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:55 AM   #4

i have a type 56 and i plan on putting the tapco intrafusion with folding stock and mounting an aimpoint compm2 4moa.

does anyone know the pros and cons of the tapco furniture? ive seen one fired and it looked as if the recoil was more powerful and it seemed as if it wasnt as accurate? the other option i found to mount the aimpoint was this

SKS SOCOM Universal Picatinny Tri-Rail System Mount - $59.99 : CNS Firearms

which looks cool and i dont have to chance messing with the recoil and accuracy, but i cant add a front grip or a saw pistol grip......

They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist. . . .
Killed in battle during US Civil War.
~~ General John Sedgwick, Union Commander, d. 1864

Old 03-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by point45 View Post
i have a type 56 and i plan on putting the tapco intrafusion with folding stock and mounting an aimpoint compm2 4moa.

does anyone know the pros and cons of the tapco furniture? I've seen one fired and it looked as if the recoil was more powerful and it seemed as if it wasn't as accurate? the other option i found to mount the aimpoint was this

SKS SOCOM Universal Picatinny Tri-Rail System Mount - $59.99 : CNS Firearms

which looks cool and i don't have to chance messing with the recoil and accuracy, but i cant add a front grip or a saw pistol grip......
I just put the Tapco T-6 stock on it and took it out shooting over the weekend. I really didn't feel much difference in recoil compared to the stock you see in the picture above. As for the accuracy, it was dead on at 100 yards.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"
-Thomas Jefferson-