My midlife crisis... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > My midlife crisis...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Ok I just took another look at the top cover. They did tell me they would have to machine it a bit to get it to fit... I just noticed they cut off part of the top cover in order for it to fit where the safety is.

I just put the stock dust cover back on... looks like I'll be getting that side rail mount after all.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Ok, well I had to put a stop to that... so I just ordered a side mount for it.

I can't have a 1/2 assed AK now can I?

Leapers 5th Gen Picatinny style double rail side mount

Like I said mid life crisis.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2564 Times on 1252 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Fluke!'

Nice Piece!

Silverado! Fluke could by a lot of cool weapons and ammunition for
$60-70,000 dollars! Hopefully the Ammo will not cost him anymore than the Gas would!

Have fun Fluke and enjoy looks great!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #14

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeLSX View Post
Ok, well I had to put a stop to that... so I just ordered a side mount for it.

I can't have a 1/2 assed AK now can I?

Leapers 5th Gen Picatinny style double rail side mount

Like I said mid life crisis.
Excellent choice...
UTG side mount is the top choice to mount optics on an AK. I have the same one on mine (but I got the one down below on your Midway link page - mine is the same just does not have the QD lever).
They hold zero exceptionally well in my opinion.
I have the same AK as you do too. About 1000 rounds through mine so far.
Flawless.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #15

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins View Post
Excellent choice...
UTG side mount is the top choice to mount optics on an AK. I have the same one on mine (but I got the one down below on your Midway link page - mine is the same just does not have the QD lever).
They hold zero exceptionally well in my opinion.
I have the same AK as you do too. About 1000 rounds through mine so far.
Flawless.
No offence, but I wouldn't call a UTG part a top choice. Does it work well? Yes, I had one also and it worked, but it mounts awfully high compared to some of the others, and is made with a relatively cheap aluminum. If its something you just pop off at the range once in a while, it will be fine. If you want something that will last through beating the rifle up a bit, check out the new MI side rail, or some of the real deal russian ones from Kalinka http://kalinkaoptics.com/mounts/ak-vepr-saiga-romak-1-2-slr.html

Old 06-22-2012, 12:02 AM   #16

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Ill be blunt, NC and UTG are garbage. No cowitness. In fact you'll need a step ladder to get a good sight picture. You may pay slightly more at first but in the long run you'll save money. There's a huge jump b/w the above and the link below.

Take a look at this ----> http://rsregulate.com/

You were taken advantage of on the rifle as well. $599 shipped

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1050/products_id/411546098

Last edited by MikeJK; 06-22-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:31 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 95 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Nice mid life, going through same myself, shot pistol and guns here and there all my life, acquiring 6 in the last year is the most fun I had in a long time. Daughter came along, don't blow my money on booze and women anymore, blow it all on guns and ammo!

^5 to YOU!

Old 06-22-2012, 12:48 AM   #18

Liked 1090 Times on 789 Posts
Likes Given: 561

750 huh ? I got a deal then , i traded my mossberg .17 and 125.00 cash for a romanian sidefolder with the packing straw still stuck in it . Had maybe 200.00 in the .17 . Hell the ak is cheaper to shoot if you ask me , them little hmr's are high as giraffe .... genitals

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
Ill be blunt, NC and UTG are garbage. No cowitness. In fact you'll need a step ladder to get a good sight picture. You may pay slightly more at first but in the long run you'll save money. There's a huge jump b/w the above and the link below.

Take a look at this ----> http://rsregulate.com/

You were taken advantage of on the rifle as well. $599 shipped

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1050/products_id/411546098
There were reasons I didn't buy from there.

1. I've researched about 20 or 30 vendors EXCEPT bud's gunshop for the M10 ALL but the one I bought from were out of stock. With no due date on next shipment received.

2. I read for 6 months strait to familiarize myself with the AK not become an expert yet. I know they were cheaper elsewhere but I wasn't going to wait 6 months for it either. By that time it could be banned.

3. Atlanticfirearms has them for $599 also. (out of stock)

4. I originally was going to get an Hungarian AMD65 and would have ran me $495 +etc, but decided not to and pay the extra for the AK I wanted and not a filler. Additionally AMD65's are not as customizable as the M10. Nor were they made with all new parts at least all the ones I saw.

5. Bud's Gunshop -
Quote:
All rifles come supplied with a card board storage box, an owner’s manual, one 30 round magazine and a one year, from the date of purchase, warranty.
My price included the Top cover rail mount which I know now was garbage. My price also included a case as seen in my picture. That's $55 additional there, the gun it self was $695 where I bought it. Buying from here would cost me: $710.34 out the door for the same. So I got taken to the cleaners for ~$90.00. If you include transfer fees/3% credit charge increase/tax etc.

6. $90.00 isn't being taken to the cleaners: $90.00 is called being impatient and impulsive.

Taken to the cleaners is going to jail in shackles with 7 time felony convicts for 29 hours for a first time offense driving without proof of insurance and paying $4000 in fines where the judge threw out evidence from the State of IL stating I never should have received the ticket in the first place.

Taken to the cleaners is having 3 family members and 1 friend die in less than 6 months and going to 4 funerals in a row in the same year.

Taken to the cleaners is catching clap from your wife and having her tell you "No I didn't cheat; Honest!" (No this didn't happen to me, but you get the point.)

In conclusion:

Can't you just be happy for me instead of....

Last edited by FlukeLSX; 06-22-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Old 06-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #20

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I am trying to listen to you guys when you give suggestions.... The one person said top cover sux... so I got a side rail mount.

People saying UTG and NC suck... so now I don't even know if my Leapers is any good.

I didn't pay much for it, but this would make the 2nd railmount that becomes a paper weight.

Which is it?

Editted: Just realized UTG and Leapers same thing. :x

Last edited by FlukeLSX; 06-22-2012 at 01:37 PM.