my first AK - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > my first AK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by were153
its not the only one but your right.some have a canted sight and some have mag lip issues and others corrosion. the shop i go to is great but the way they treat ak's worries me. there are extremely good condition ak's there nut they were made in the us and go for around 800. as nice as they are ill pass on the price tag for now. there is only one good ak there and in my oppinion its a bute. but i may go some where else that had a better selection of ak's for me. and ones that are in better condition.
Us made (io Cesar) aks are horrible. Stay far away.

And canted sights rarely are issues. Nearly every AK is going to have it. Its canted gas blocks and trunions you need to be careful of. Also be sure to inspect the rivets that there is no gaps or largely deformed heads.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I wouldn't buy an AK that has the name Century Arms on it.. other than that, they're awesome guns!

Also, theres no way I would live somewhere that told me I couldn't have an AK..

”The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are roaring through town at 90MPH, where the speed limit is 25. Your solution is to lower the speed limit to 20.”
~Sam Cohen (inventor of the neutron bomb)

Old 07-09-2012, 04:23 AM   #13

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieWhiskey261
I wouldn't buy an AK that has the name Century Arms on it.. other than that, they're awesome guns!

Also, theres no way I would live somewhere that told me I couldn't have an AK..
Why not? Political reasons? Or u had a bad experience? Ive owned 3 C.A. Wasr 10 rifles and loved them

Old 07-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #14

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 982

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieWhiskey261 View Post
I wouldn't buy an AK that has the name Century Arms on it...
I've got four Centurys, each works fine. One is a WASR. I think you're reading too many monkey tales.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #15

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I've had Century Aks and a Golani all GTG. And guess what, mine were to shoot not look at.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #16

For just a little more money you can find a converted Saiga that has a Russian barrel and receiver instead of being a parts gun like the WASRs. I picked up a converted Saiga from Classic Arms in Feb for $479. It looks like they're sold out now but if you look around you can still find them.

Newest Threads