My Arsenal is on it's way....!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > My Arsenal is on it's way....!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default My Arsenal is on it's way....!

After several weeks of exhausting research, the majority consensus is Arsenal is the way to go. So I did. This morning I got an e-mail from Atlantic that my Arsenal SGL 21 is shipped out. I also ordered their Russian Red wood set, so once I have that put on I'll take some pics.

Bummer. I had checked for the best price I could get. Atlantic was $799 with $20 shipping. This morning I was browsing Bud's and they have the Arsenal SGL 21 for $737 free shipping. They must have just put that up, because I didn't see it before. Story of my life.

I ordered 3 European 30 rd steel mags from Aimsurplus, and 1 Asian 75 rd drum mag from CDNN ( I thought $79 + $6 for shipping was a great price)

Now looking for 1000 rds of non-corrosive ammmo......
What do you think about Brown Bear?

Last edited by dahur; 02-09-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #2

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahur
After several weeks of exhausting research, the majority consensus is Arsenal is the way to go. So I did. This morning I got an e-mail from Atlantic that my Arsenal SGL 21 is shipped out. I also ordered their Russian Red wood set, so once I have that put on I'll take some pics.

Bummer. I had checked for the best price I could get. Atlantic was $799 with $20 shipping. This morning I was browsing Bud's and they have the Arsenal SGL 21 for $737 free shipping. They must have just put that up, because I didn't see it before. Story of my life.

I ordered 3 European 30 rd steel mags from Aimsurplus, and 1 Asian 75 rd drum mag from CDNN ( I thought $79 + $6 for shipping was a great price)

Now looking for 1000 rds of non-corrosive ammmo......
What do you think about Brown Bear?
I'm looking at buying the same setup...right down to the furniture you mention. Could you please post pics and a range report when you get it?

Thanks, and congrats!

Old 02-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I know you don't need to be stroked but I'm proud of you man (sobing, tears of joy ). Spoon fed you are not. Research always pays off.

I've never found Atlantic to have good prices on anything I was wanting.

I just got in a few of those same mags from Aims as well. They look good and are functionally solid.

Brown Bear is good but look at some Wolf. I have found Wolf to be a little less expensive.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5715 Times on 3231 Posts
Likes Given: 5146

Congrats on the Arsenal. Damn fine piece.

If you're looking for affordable non corrosive ammo, you'll need to buy new manufacture Russian.

I generally shoot corrosive MilSurp when I can find it. Shoots just as well as new, and a lot cheaper. Just have to pay a little more attention to cleaning.

Winston Churchill

Old 02-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #5

I bought my Arsenals from my local dealer $699+tax I like looking at what I buy before paying for it. I have two 7.62x39s and a 5.45x39 all have worked great. Put Russian PSOP Optics on all three.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
I bought my Arsenals from my local dealer $699+tax I like looking at what I buy before paying for it. I have two 7.62x39s and a 5.45x39 all have worked great. Put Russian PSOP Optics on all three.
Nice..........!

Old 02-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Congrats on the Arsenal. Damn fine piece.

If you're looking for affordable non corrosive ammo, you'll need to buy new manufacture Russian.

I generally shoot corrosive MilSurp when I can find it. Shoots just as well as new, and a lot cheaper. Just have to pay a little more attention to cleaning.
I just ordered 1000 rds of Brown Bear from Military Shooters. With shipping it was $244.90

Old 02-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahur View Post
I just ordered 1000 rds of Brown Bear from Military Shooters. With shipping it was $244.90
I have shot a lot of Brown&Silver Bear Ammo. it works very well in my AKs.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #9

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahur View Post
Dang, I was too slow. I was going to tell you my only experience with any bear ammo (silver bear, in 7.62X54r for my Mosin) it worked just fine. Hit where I pointing that old boat oar, no malfunctions, no sticking in the chamber...

But it was the absolute filthiest burning stuff I've ever shot out of any gun. Personally, I would just stick to milsurp ammo. Downsouth, Jstrong, and I put a grand total of 20 rounds downrange, and it took me almost three hours to clean the filth out of the rifle.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Dang, I was too slow. I was going to tell you my only experience with any bear ammo (silver bear, in 7.62X54r for my Mosin) it worked just fine. Hit where I pointing that old boat oar, no malfunctions, no sticking in the chamber...

But it was the absolute filthiest burning stuff I've ever shot out of any gun. Personally, I would just stick to milsurp ammo. Downsouth, Jstrong, and I put a grand total of 20 rounds downrange, and it took me almost three hours to clean the filth out of the rifle.
AKs like being dirty.