Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   My Arsenal is on it's way....! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/my-arsenal-its-way-57363/)

dahur 02-09-2012 06:15 PM

My Arsenal is on it's way....!

After several weeks of exhausting research, the majority consensus is Arsenal is the way to go. So I did. This morning I got an e-mail from Atlantic that my Arsenal SGL 21 is shipped out. I also ordered their Russian Red wood set, so once I have that put on I'll take some pics.

Bummer. I had checked for the best price I could get. Atlantic was $799 with $20 shipping. This morning I was browsing Bud's and they have the Arsenal SGL 21 for $737 free shipping. They must have just put that up, because I didn't see it before. Story of my life.

I ordered 3 European 30 rd steel mags from Aimsurplus, and 1 Asian 75 rd drum mag from CDNN ( I thought $79 + $6 for shipping was a great price)

Now looking for 1000 rds of non-corrosive ammmo......
What do you think about Brown Bear?

Chandler51 02-09-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahur
After several weeks of exhausting research, the majority consensus is Arsenal is the way to go. So I did. This morning I got an e-mail from Atlantic that my Arsenal SGL 21 is shipped out. I also ordered their Russian Red wood set, so once I have that put on I'll take some pics.

Bummer. I had checked for the best price I could get. Atlantic was $799 with $20 shipping. This morning I was browsing Bud's and they have the Arsenal SGL 21 for $737 free shipping. They must have just put that up, because I didn't see it before. Story of my life.

I ordered 3 European 30 rd steel mags from Aimsurplus, and 1 Asian 75 rd drum mag from CDNN ( I thought $79 + $6 for shipping was a great price)

Now looking for 1000 rds of non-corrosive ammmo......
What do you think about Brown Bear?

I'm looking at buying the same setup...right down to the furniture you mention. Could you please post pics and a range report when you get it?

Thanks, and congrats!

mjkeat 02-09-2012 06:31 PM

I know you don't need to be stroked but I'm proud of you man (sobing, tears of joy :)). Spoon fed you are not. Research always pays off.

I've never found Atlantic to have good prices on anything I was wanting.

I just got in a few of those same mags from Aims as well. They look good and are functionally solid.

Brown Bear is good but look at some Wolf. I have found Wolf to be a little less expensive.

locutus 02-13-2012 03:19 PM

Congrats on the Arsenal. Damn fine piece. :)

If you're looking for affordable non corrosive ammo, you'll need to buy new manufacture Russian.

I generally shoot corrosive MilSurp when I can find it. Shoots just as well as new, and a lot cheaper. Just have to pay a little more attention to cleaning.

rifleshooter474 02-13-2012 04:41 PM

I bought my Arsenals from my local dealer $699+tax I like looking at what I buy before paying for it. I have two 7.62x39s and a 5.45x39 all have worked great. Put Russian PSOP Optics on all three.
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...SOPScopes1.jpg

dahur 02-13-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 (Post 707373)
I bought my Arsenals from my local dealer $699+tax I like looking at what I buy before paying for it. I have two 7.62x39s and a 5.45x39 all have worked great. Put Russian PSOP Optics on all three.
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...SOPScopes1.jpg

Nice..........!

dahur 02-13-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 707311)
Congrats on the Arsenal. Damn fine piece. :)

If you're looking for affordable non corrosive ammo, you'll need to buy new manufacture Russian.

I generally shoot corrosive MilSurp when I can find it. Shoots just as well as new, and a lot cheaper. Just have to pay a little more attention to cleaning.

I just ordered 1000 rds of Brown Bear from Military Shooters. With shipping it was $244.90

rifleshooter474 02-13-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahur (Post 707465)
I just ordered 1000 rds of Brown Bear from Military Shooters. With shipping it was $244.90

I have shot a lot of Brown&Silver Bear Ammo. it works very well in my AKs.

trip286 02-13-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahur (Post 707465)

Dang, I was too slow. I was going to tell you my only experience with any bear ammo (silver bear, in 7.62X54r for my Mosin) it worked just fine. Hit where I pointing that old boat oar, no malfunctions, no sticking in the chamber...

But it was the absolute filthiest burning stuff I've ever shot out of any gun. Personally, I would just stick to milsurp ammo. Downsouth, Jstrong, and I put a grand total of 20 rounds downrange, and it took me almost three hours to clean the filth out of the rifle.

rifleshooter474 02-13-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 707475)
Dang, I was too slow. I was going to tell you my only experience with any bear ammo (silver bear, in 7.62X54r for my Mosin) it worked just fine. Hit where I pointing that old boat oar, no malfunctions, no sticking in the chamber...

But it was the absolute filthiest burning stuff I've ever shot out of any gun. Personally, I would just stick to milsurp ammo. Downsouth, Jstrong, and I put a grand total of 20 rounds downrange, and it took me almost three hours to clean the filth out of the rifle.

AKs like being dirty.:)