My ak-47 keeps jamming!!??
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

My ak-47 keeps jamming!!??

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default My ak-47 keeps jamming!!??

hey folks, I recently purchased and inner ordinance (I.O.) AK-47 about a month ago, I bought about 200 hundred rounds of WOLF ammo with it. i have slung all 200 rounds through it but, It jams about 3-5 times per 30 round clip, that pisses me off because i want perfection, especially if someones threatining my life or my families life in a dier emergency. I've cleaned the gun every time after i shoot it, oil the gun, piston, chamber, etc etc. Ive heard from different people it could be the WOLF ammo, could that be true?? I hear alot of good things about Yugo ammo. I wanna know for sure before i buy 1000 rounds of Yugo ammo and the same thing keeps happening, either way i have a lifetime warranty on the firearm, worse come to worse ill kiss it goodbye. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Megahonky89; 03-26-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #2

Likes Given: 2

what kind of magazines are being used?
some ammo has a coating that can cause jamming.
best of luck

Old 03-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #3

im using tapco magazines, with the big springs in them, its feeding the bullets in correctly, jus not ejecting the casing fully out the chamber, causing the action to stay open and not eject another.. unless i manually pull the chamber back to eject it myself.. not something i want to happen if im gettin shot at lol

Old 03-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Have you cleaned the gas tube & gas port that power the ejecting portion of the firing cycle? I wouldn't use much oil there, nasty environment. Have you examined the part of the bolt that grabs the bullet's base to eject it to see that it looks OK (looks like a half claw on my SKS, can't remember on the WASR)?

Wolf runs fine in my buddy's WASR10/AK clone and in my SKS.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #5

Yea ive cleaned and checked everything, the sad part is that MOFO is only about two months old and only shot about 200 rounds. its too new for all that bs to happen.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:26 AM   #6

It sounds like your not getting enough pressure to blow the bolt carrier back enough. If you have cleaned the gas tube already then try taking a paper clip and sticking it in the little hole in the gas block that goes down to barrel. It could be stuffed up from shooting that wolf ammo. If it doesn't help then switch ammo I have never had good luck with wolf ammo, go with brown bear basically same price for much better ammo. Hope this helps.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:01 AM   #7

Definitely check your gas port, like HPD suggested. All I've shot through my AK has been wolf. No problems ever. I think it's your rifle, not the ammo.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:16 AM   #8

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Wolf and AKs are like peas and carrots.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Wolf is one of many Steel-cased, Russian ammo that I shoot out of my AKs. . . and while I prefer others (Brown Bear, Golden Tiger and especially Yugo Surp) for slightly better results, Wolf ALWAYS shoots well . . . and should!

An AK should eat everything! I'm not familiar with Inter-Ordinance, but this is definitely a rifle problem. I also do not like Tapco (anything, but especially) magazines. Get you some used military surplus steel mags and don't look back. Bulgarian, Yugo, Eastern German, Romanian, Russian and many others ALL make great 30 and 40 round mags. Heck, even China has some good ones out there.

Like was said before check everything from your gas port to your piston. There is a chance corrosion could be blocking proper flow, to be sure, drop some "Sweet's 7.62 solvent" down the gas port with the tube off. While it is off inspect the tube for signs of corrosion. Give everything a good cleaning and re-assemble and lube the heck out of it. It should shoot fine. If not, then go for help or take the gun back.

No AK should EVER fail ! ! !

Old 03-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3700 Times on 1782 Posts
Likes Given: 1816

Megahonky,

When you first got it! Did it work properly then and for a period of time before you started experiencing a problem?

Closed Thread