Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Money Pit.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Money Pit.

Well, my SGL21-76 hasn't even shown up yet and I've spent a ton of money on it. I bought a grip and stock from CAA, two 20rd mags from Tapco, a buffer, a Beryl type mount, a Kreebs Customs selector with a bolt hold open function, and an EOTech 551.A65. So I've spent more on parts and goodies than the rifle. I'll post pics when it's finished(my Father is putting it together for me).

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-19-2009, 05:26 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afi1 View Post
Well, my SGL21-76 hasn't even shown up yet and I've spent a ton of money on it. So I've spent more on parts and goodies than the rifle. I'll post pics when it's finished(my Father is putting it together for me).
Just have patience. Who cares about the money? Money ain't worth sh_t if you can't spend it. Your goodies will be well worth it!!! Make sure and thank your pops. Fathers are pretty awesome when it comes to this stuff. Can't wait to see pics.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:49 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Good things come to those who wait.. Ya know, that saying sucks more than Jenna Jameson !! Especially when waiting for guns and parts..

Cherish having your Dad.. Mine passed 5 months ago..

Hang in there.

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

Old 12-23-2009, 01:23 AM   #4

Well, I had to come home for emergency leave... long story. Anyway, my SGL21 had come in, and all my goodies came in today. I bolted up everything and went shooting! Here are a few pics of the rifle:

dscn9292.jpg   dscn9294.jpg   dscn9296.jpg   dscn9298.jpg  

Old 12-23-2009, 02:16 AM   #5

Likes Given: 2

Far out, Looks great! How did it shoot?
Sorry to hear you had to come home for emergency leave, Hope all is well.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:40 PM   #6

It shot really well. Today, I'm going to dial in the optic and see what she'll print at range.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #7

Here's what I got at 100yds. sort of proped against a 4in.x4in. swingset. I also can't keep consistant sight picture because my adjustable cheek piece hasn't come in. I don't have much to compair it to, aside from my AR; and it doesn't stack up well. Is this normal for AK type rifles?

dscn9299.jpg  

Old 12-24-2009, 08:43 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That target looks typical of AK targets that I have seen.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #9

Liked 665 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 671

What trigger is in it?? This is what I use!
Cope's Distributing

They are having a sale. $19.99 for single or double hook. You need to call to get the correct price. My cheap Wasr2 shoots groups like that at 160 meters, no optics.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:11 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afi1 View Post
Here's what I got at 100yds. sort of proped against a 4in.x4in. swingset. I also can't keep consistant sight picture because my adjustable cheek piece hasn't come in. I don't have much to compair it to, aside from my AR; and it doesn't stack up well. Is this normal for AK type rifles?
That's not too bad. I usually get groups similar to that at 100 yards with open sights with my WASR-10. The WASR-2 that the above poster mentioned is chambered for the 5.45 x 39 and they do usually group better than the 7.62.

One thing you should try if you haven't yet is after sighting it in at 25 yards, move on out to 50 yards, check your grouping, then 75 and so on, as opposed to sighting it in a jumping right out to 100. Also what kind of ammo was it?

You also mentioned just being propped up against something. That's how I shoot, but some use rests, so of course their groups are going to be better.

Overall, I don't think its too bad for your first time with the rifle and it's "good enough" if nothing else. You'll get better as you become more comfortable with the gun. You also might want to consider at least trying open sights. I know many an AK owner that has installed optics, only to revert back to open sights.