Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Mikhail in the News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Mikhail in the News

Kalashnikov rifle inventor says conscience clear

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've always kind of wondered what he and people like Hiram Maxim felt about the use of their inventions.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 07-06-2007, 11:53 PM   #3

What is amazing to me is that someone who lived most of his life under a communist system understands the concept of personal responsibility. Heck, we have a capitalist system here, and about half the country doesn't understand the concept.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:38 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Why would he have a problem when he was working to defend his country, and he was good at inventing firearms.

I would see this as no different from Browning or the creators of the atom bomb.

-Bidah

Old 07-07-2007, 03:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidah View Post
Why would he have a problem when he was working to defend his country, and he was good at inventing firearms.

I would see this as no different from Browning or the creators of the atom bomb.
I don't know what your background is or whether or not you have spent any time in a communist country (I have). Communists have a collective mentality and see most things in a collective vein.

John Browning was able to prosper because he lived and believed in a free enterprise system. Individual responsibility was part of the code by which he lived, therefore he would not have a problem. However, many of the people who worked on the Manhattan Project have expressed regret. I do not know if it was because of the awesome power of their product, the Pandora's Box syndrome, or some skewed moral perspective.

But, understanding the weltanschuaang of communists, it is refreshing to see that Mr. Kalashnikov has risen above it.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #6

He put no firearm in any ones hand or made them pull the trigger. He did help arm a lot of folks. Some I think needed arming and some needed shooting!

MY DOG IS SMARTER THAN MOST POLITICIANS

Old 07-28-2007, 05:57 AM   #7

I believe it was Maxim who invented his machine gun cause he knew there was a need and it would be profitable. Hell, he sold them to the Germans right before WWI.

Thompson regretted the fact that his gun was more associated with crime than what it was intended for in war.

Mikhail did alright, especially for a tanker