making the jump to sks.. help on acc? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > making the jump to sks.. help on acc?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
I'm mot sure if its because the panic but that's insane. I got a Russian one made in 1953 with all matching numbers for half that.
You guys also get $300 SVT40s while ours are $1000

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-28-2013, 06:29 AM   #12

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post

You guys also get $300 SVT40s while ours are $1000
I don't understand this ! I didn't realize firearms where so inexpensive in Canada ...

Kaido are there a lot of fire arms owners up there?

Old 04-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #13

Liked 346 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by combateffective4

I don't understand this ! I didn't realize firearms where so inexpensive in Canada ...

Seems like just the surplus ones are so inexpensive up this way. All the newer fancier ones cost a boat load more up here.

In all honesty, I can't really say how many firearms owners are up here. I only truest got into shooting maybe a year or two ago so I'm still finding out who the shooters in my area are. So far it seems like there's almost as many here are there are down your way, but I also live in a smaller town instead of a city, so it's probably more of a gun friendly area for the time being.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by combateffective4 View Post
Well these are unissued apparently "like new" idk if that makes it more of value I'm new to 7.62 rifles I normally run ar type rifles
http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id= 558

I drool over this; one day, it will be my AR.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

I like em too. May get one also when they come out.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #16

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
This is interesting I haven't seen these before. Looking to spend less money though

Old 04-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #17

Liked 2202 Times on 1296 Posts
Likes Given: 479

By the time you buy an SKS and then get all the accessories to try to turn it into a tactical rifle you could probably buy the RRA or an AK and have a closer jump to where you want to be.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
By the time you buy an SKS and then get all the accessories to try to turn it into a tactical rifle you could probably buy the RRA or an AK and have a closer jump to where you want to be.
Truth. I love my SKS, but it is more of a short rifle than a tactical carbine like an AK or AR-type rifle. If you really want tacticool, a WASR-10 AK-type rifle might better suit you. If you want to scope the SKS, maybe a monte-carlo type stock would be better than a folder.

I use the tapco stock with the extendable buttstock for extra length of pull and 922 compliance.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #19

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by combateffective4 View Post
I've seen some reports that Canada has more guns, per capita, than the U.S. but I don't think anybody knows for sure.

When our left-wing bottom feeders enacted a national registry for all long guns, a lot of gun owners went underground....like, a million or more. Then the government couldn't get compliance so they declared an amnesty with a new, extended deadline and then another amnesty with another deadline. That played out over and over and after about 10 years, they declared substantial victory by reducing the number of guns thought to be in the country from over 11M to only 7M........more of that liberal math....

Yeah, it's weird about SKS rifles. We can buy the Chinese variant, which has a chrome lined barrel, and 1,200 rnd case of ammo for $429. The CZ858 is $699. I think you are missing out on some/most of this because your gov't banned Norinco imports.

On the other hand, our feds bought into the gun zombie narrative back in the 1980's and magazines over 5rnds are banned and AK and AR rifles are restricted to the point where it's just too much trouble to bother owning one. The SKS does not have a black stock, so it is still available. I have no explanation for the CZ.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 04-28-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:12 AM   #20

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

Truth. I love my SKS, but it is more of a short rifle than a tactical carbine like an AK or AR-type rifle. If you really want tacticool, a WASR-10 AK-type rifle might better suit you. If you want to scope the SKS, maybe a monte-carlo type stock would be better than a folder.

I use the tapco stock with the extendable buttstock for extra length of pull and 922 compliance.

I don't really want to spend the money an AK would cost me but I wanted a different round I have a 5.56 ar build a 300 black out build and 3 extra stripped lowers... I've just never experienced a AK/sks style gun I figure I might enjoy it... But I'm not a fan of the wood style furniture.

its it even worth scoping a sks? What's max distance? Maybe just red dot