MAK 90 Muzzle Brake - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > MAK 90 Muzzle Brake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 03:12 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanetime View Post
nate-

Did you get an answer? I have the same Mak90. I took a punch and backed out the two pins but the forward site won't budge.

Please let me know any suggestions or progress you might have made. Thansk!
hey,

Like some has posted in the past we do not have threads but just machine marks. I ended up going with a pin on muzzle brake I ordered from Cheaper then Dirt which is a AK-74 style.
You add it but knocking out the pin to closet to the end of the barrel and sliding the brake on that goes around the front sight and replace the front pin with one that's longer to compensate for the brake being added..(it should come with the brake.)

here's what I got, and it's actually made by NC Star
AKS-015 - AK-47 Pin-On Muzzle Brake Dual Hole for Russian or Chinese

It fit very snug and tight, no problems what so ever with this. It's also got a nice finish that is very similar to our guns.

Good Luck

Old 04-07-2009, 01:30 PM   #22

Perfect! Thanks for the reply. I had ordered that very same brake before my post so I am happy to hear your success. My part should arrive today so I am eager to get it installed.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:05 AM   #23

Default Don't do it man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanetime View Post
Perfect! Thanks for the reply. I had ordered that very same brake before my post so I am happy to hear your success. My part should arrive today so I am eager to get it installed.
Don't do it man. I have had a MAK 90 since 1993. I put that same brake from CTD on mine but removed it and threw it in the lake. Those are made in China and if you are using foreign magazines like most of us your MAK 90 now violates federal regulation 922r. A foreign made brake adds a point. You can not exceed 10 foreign made parts and a foreign magazine counts for 3. I changed my trigger set with a G2 (counts -3 points for being US made) from Tapco. I had a gunsmith do it but I could have probably done it myself. I did recently add a brake. I got an American made KA 1230 from King Armory. I installed it myself but it takes a little patients and I spent about a hour over 2 days to get it right. It is pinned on and isn't going any where ever. I have burned a couple of hundred rounds and the recoil is about half and almost no muzzle flip. Mine still shoots 2 inch (100 yard) groups with any cheap ammo I use. Look up 922r on the net. If you don't want to own an illegal gun read it very carefully. My milled MAK 90 is down to a total of 7 foreign parts even with foreign magazines.