Mak 90 Gun Buy
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Mak 90 Gun Buy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2008, 05:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Mak 90 Gun Buy

if this in the wrong place, please move it and i apologize for the mistake.

Otherwise, yesterday i happened upon an MAK 90, Norinco. machined receiver
two mags, and a box of norinco ammo, $300.00. how is the price? it isn't a real sharp gun, has been kept in a closet for sometime. bluing is good, furniture is painted a real dark brown, Not stained. markings on the side are importers i believe. L.D.F.(USA)Inc, below that is southfield, Mi.

any help is truly appreciated.

got a couple of photos in my gallery, if ya need a quick look. thanks

Last edited by logistics; 05-04-2008 at 06:24 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If you know it isn't "hot" or has any serious faults, I'd jump on it. Stuck with the thumbhole though due to the funky rules and the import ban though. Not sure if you can add the requisite US parts (10) to be able to put a new stock on it; I am no expert on the laws but it will be easy to find out through smarter people than me.
Even with the thumbhole, the receiver is one of the better ones that you can find IMO.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'd buy that in a heart beat for 300, they made 2 different stocks for them BTW, one is a light blonde and the other is a darker stock like that one.
The prices here run from 500 to 700 for them if you can find them, I been looking for one local for couple weeks now without any luck.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #4

thanks guys i've been eyeing this one for a while and got the woman who had it to turn it loose. it sure has a sweet trigger, and more solid sound than my sheet metal saiga. i like them both, but this mak really is a sweet shooter. thanks all for the comments i really appreciate it being fairly new to the ak scene. haven't shot an ar platform in thirty plus years, i hope they are as pleasing as the ak platform, so no comparision for me to look at.
No. I don't think its hot, the lady had it as left over from a relationship that went really sour, he hanged himself over her, at least that is what i've heard. I didn't question her about it. she said she'd had it about 10+ years.
now to look for some 7.62x39 cheaper ammo. read, the cheapest i can find!

HAPPY SHOOTIN' while we can.

Last edited by logistics; 05-04-2008 at 07:00 PM.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:21 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by logistics View Post
now to look for some 7.62x39 cheaper ammo. read, the cheapest i can find!

HAPPY SHOOTIN' while we can.
I know I am late to this post, but I'd check that old ammo that came with the gun before shooting it. It might be steel core, which is worth about a buck per round. No reason to waste it, since it will only increase in value (it can't be imported anymore)...

Old 07-23-2008, 12:25 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

BTW lets see pictures of it , I finally found the one I was looking for

Old 02-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #7

Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Buy It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logistics View Post
if this in the wrong place, please move it and i apologize for the mistake.

Otherwise, yesterday i happened upon an MAK 90, Norinco. machined receiver
two mags, and a box of norinco ammo, $300.00. how is the price? it isn't a real sharp gun, has been kept in a closet for sometime. bluing is good, furniture is painted a real dark brown, Not stained. markings on the side are importers i believe. L.D.F.(USA)Inc, below that is southfield, Mi.

any help is truly appreciated.

got a couple of photos in my gallery, if ya need a quick look. thanks
BUY IT! BUY IT NOW!