Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Maadi AK-47 with new receive and barrel (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/maadi-ak-47-new-receive-barrel-95004/)

180baseball 08-05-2013 02:58 PM

Maadi AK-47 with new receive and barrel

Atlantic Firearms is offering Maadi AK-47's for $889. That seems pretty expensive, but it comes with a Nodak Spud receiver and brand new US made chrome lined barrel. Would the nodak spud receiver and us made barrel made the Maadi more or less accurate than a normal gun. Also, it had a G2 trigger group

180baseball 08-05-2013 08:16 PM

Anyone? I really want to know the accuracy of a nodak spud and us barrel AK-47

purehavoc 08-05-2013 09:23 PM

If it like any other specd AK its good for no more than 300 and 2-3" MOA @ 100 yards :D ,Sorry Im not much help for ya , but the receiver is not going to increase accuracy and just because the barrel was made in the US doesnt make it any better either. These are made for spray and pray in the accuracy dept and to keep a constant flow of ammo firing in the direction its pointed regardless of the conditions

7.62 Man 08-05-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc (Post 1327153)
If it like any other specd AK its good for no more than 300 and 2-3" MOA @ 100 yards :D ,Sorry Im not much help for ya , but the receiver is not going to increase accuracy and just because the barrel was made in the US doesnt make it any better either. These are made for spray and pray in the accuracy dept and to keep a constant flow of ammo firing in the direction its pointed regardless of the conditions

Who cares how accurate it is as long as it puts a smile on my face when the mag dump is over. :D
It is an AK the ammo is cheap (comparatively) & they are fun to shoot.:rolleyes:

180baseball 08-05-2013 10:03 PM

Compared to other AK's, how accurate is the Maadi?

180baseball 08-06-2013 01:15 AM

Anyone? Is the Maadi an accurate AK variant?

MajorMoeDown47 08-07-2013 06:28 AM

my brother owns a maadi i own a wasr10/63 we shoot each others gun all the time honestly the maadi is just as accurate as the wasr and the wasr is just as accurate as the maadi it all depwnds on the shooter. reliability both just as reliable as one another mobile 1 10w30 synthetic motor oil extended performance not even the elements would stand a chance. hope this helps.

SSGN_Doc 08-08-2013 01:00 AM

It's a hard question to answer based on the info. If you take away the Maadi receiver, and barrel, and put a G2 trigger in it it is barely a Maadi anymore. It may depend more on wh the builder of the cobbled together parts is.

I have shot a AK clone teh was made on a Maadi reciever and used Norinco, barrel, trunnion, G2 trigger, and mostly other Chinese parts. It was pretty accurate for a AK type. Fully reliable. Lots of people hated those guns, buit I never found anything wrong with that one.

JW357 09-15-2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc
It's a hard question to answer based on the info. If you take away the Maadi receiver, and barrel, and put a G2 trigger in it it is barely a Maadi anymore. It may depend more on wh the builder of the cobbled together parts is.

I have shot a AK clone teh was made on a Maadi reciever and used Norinco, barrel, trunnion, G2 trigger, and mostly other Chinese parts. It was pretty accurate for a AK type. Fully reliable. Lots of people hated those guns, buit I never found anything wrong with that one.

Hey Doc, please do me a favor and clear out a little space in your PM folder. I have a medical related question for you and your box is full.

Thanks,
JW

SSGN_Doc 09-15-2013 09:59 AM

Roger. Clearing it out.