M70 Fixed Stock
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > M70 Fixed Stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default M70 Fixed Stock

I was wondering if any one knew if a milled receiver butt stock would fit a Yugo, or at least could be made to mate up with the rear trunnion. I have three of these guys in bad need of some new furniture, but with Ironwood wanting 160.00 a pop and the long wait I was wondering if there where more options avail.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. "" - Benjamin Franklin

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2010, 03:23 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Stock for Yugo

Have you looked at Boyds' stocks? Their JRS stock is available for the M48 Yugo and they are priced starting at $69 to about $96. They are laminated stocks that come in different colors and of traditional design. They are the only company I am aware of that makes an intermediate length stock for the M48 Yugo.

Hope this helps!

Old 02-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #3

Thanks for the idea. I did check out the site, but unfortunately these rifles are an AK variant much different then a traditional style rifle.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. "" - Benjamin Franklin

Old 02-25-2010, 04:51 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default M70 stock

After I sent that I realize I had a brain f...! My mind keyed on the Yugo not the model number and ASSUMED, and everyone knows what ASSUMING does!

Old 02-26-2010, 03:52 AM   #5

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 789

Yugo Milled Fixed Stock 7.62x39 Parts Set #KIT-YUGO-MFS

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Last edited by jpattersonnh; 02-26-2010 at 03:56 AM.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:13 AM   #6
RPK

The Yugo m70 is not like any other ak47. It is the only ak that uses a thru bolt on both the stamped and milled receiver. Buttstocks can be hard to find, but, can be found. You'll have to look in the home builders forums. You could also check with rguns in Carpenterville, Illinois. They sometimes part out a virgin kit.

www.rguns.net

Last edited by RPK; 02-28-2010 at 06:21 AM.