Looking for an SKS
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Looking for an SKS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 11:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Looking for an SKS

Unsure of which kind i want ie: Yugo / chinease / russian would like some general feedback on what you suggest. Trying to keep it under 350. I do enjoy the bayo on them but the grenade launcher is sumwhat ugly and i just dont like it. Are most of them able to be removed? If so how hard is it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-14-2008, 12:48 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Not sure of where you are, but if you're in the West, Big 5 generally has them and in your price range. Can't help with the other question....

9x18=Makarov

Old 11-14-2008, 12:49 AM   #3

Im in South Carolina around the Myrtle Beach Area

Old 11-14-2008, 05:03 AM   #4

Also does anyone have any experience with buying SKS's off of the net? Im not having much luck at my local gun shops seems that everyone is buying up all kinda stuff around here guy told me he has sold like 9 glocks in the past 2 days O_o?

Old 11-14-2008, 05:46 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've purchased a few rifles on the net and it is easy. Just find a local shop that you can have it shipped to (it has to go to an ffl unless you have a C&R license). The rifles I got weren't c&r eligible, so i had to ship to my ffl anyway.

Try jgsales.com or classicarms.net

Old 11-14-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2697 Times on 1409 Posts
Likes Given: 216

From what I have seen, the Yugos appear to have been well used prior to import. Some are pretty rough. The Chicoms are no longer imported but when they were, they were pretty much brand new. Any wear was experienced after import. The Ruskies are the originals and are sought after. Prices wil be higher on them.

I have a Chicom that I bought new about 15 years ago. I have fired about 1000 rounds through it with out any problems. Most ammo was US commercial, not corrosive Berdan steel case stuff.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #7

My SKS was arsenal redone, then never fired. PACKED with cosmo. After cleaning it up, it shot quite well. Serials match (and may have been adjusted to match at the arsenal refinish). Wood is in GREAT shape and there are quite a few cartouche marks on the wood (no clue what they mean though - probably arsenal related). I've put maybe 2 or 3 boxes through it since I bought it.

I'm thinking of selling it to fund some other projects I have in mind. I DO have a C&R license, but if you don't I'd have to ship to an FFL for ya.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2697 Times on 1409 Posts
Likes Given: 216

That is one purty Yugo ya got there. That is WAAAAYYYY better than any Yugo SKS I have ever seen.

Newest Threads