Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Just ordered Century Arms M70 Opap (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/just-ordered-century-arms-m70-opap-97651/)

ccase39 09-26-2013 03:05 AM

Just ordered Century Arms M70 Opap

Anyone have one of these? How do you like it?

bntyhntr6975 09-26-2013 02:21 PM

Look at the post just a couple down title 'ak questions'.

sippindrank 09-26-2013 03:21 PM

My brother just got one last Christmas and its awesome. Functions well and has a strong construction. The only downsides, to me anyways, is it comes set for single stack magazines so it will have to be converted in the future if he wants it to take doubles. If yours also came with a single stack set up, I would look into the double stack conversion because singles for this gun are extremely hard to find. The thumb hole stock it came with isn't too comfortable either but that can easily be swapped out for furniture of your choosing. All in all it's a great AK to go with. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

dyslexic_llama 09-26-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sippindrank (Post 1384151)
My brother just got one last Christmas and its awesome. Functions well and has a strong construction. The only downsides, to me anyways, is it comes set for single stack magazines so it will have to be converted in the future if he wants it to take doubles. If yours also came with a single stack set up, I would look into the double stack conversion because singles for this gun are extremely hard to find. The thumb hole stock it came with isn't too comfortable either but that can easily be swapped out for furniture of your choosing. All in all it's a great AK to go with. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I think the OPAP comes with a doublestack magwell, no modifications required unlike the earlier PAP imports.

JayCody 09-26-2013 07:21 PM

Did it say if it was double stack or single stack? a better question would be what is the mag capacity and where did you get it

ccase39 09-26-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayCody (Post 1384355)
Did it say if it was double stack or single stack? a better question would be what is the mag capacity and where did you get it

2 thirty round mags. I think its double stack. Got it from Sharkcoastal tactical.

JayCody 09-26-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccase39
2 thirty round mags. I think its double stack. Got it from Sharkcoastal tactical.

Okay so it must be a double stack. from what I have heard they are well built guns, let us know how you like it.

britishbulldog 09-26-2013 09:56 PM

The latest generation of PAP's are double stack. Congrats on your purchase. I picked up an N-PAP about a month ago and it's awesome. They can be a little stiff to begin with but will become smoother after a couple hundred rnds. They are also tutorials on YouTube on how to easily smoothen the action out.

The check slap can be a bitch so get your nose nice and close.....enjoy

ccase39 09-27-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by britishbulldog (Post 1384586)
The latest generation of PAP's are double stack. Congrats on your purchase. I picked up an N-PAP about a month ago and it's awesome. They can be a little stiff to begin with but will become smoother after a couple hundred rnds. They are also tutorials on YouTube on how to easily smoothen the action out.

The check slap can be a bitch so get your nose nice and close.....enjoy

Any way to eliminate cheek slap? im only about 5'6. Regular arms I guess.

britishbulldog 09-27-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccase39
Any way to eliminate cheek slap? im only about 5'6. Regular arms I guess.

Keep your face nice and close up to the receiver. With your nose touching the cover release button. Feels weird with your face that close but it's the only way to stop that brutal slap.

Being shorter is probably a good thing as the stocks are short