Just curious..... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Just curious.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 04:02 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I,ve never had one of these weapons used against me in combat, but as for why i've owned them in the past............Throw one in the mud, fill it up with dirt and then pull the trigger, they still fire. Will your AR do the same?

Old 06-04-2012, 04:04 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8wapiti
I,ve never had one of these weapons used against me in combat, but as for why i've owned them in the past............Throw one in the mud, fill it up with dirt and then pull the trigger, they still fire. Will your AR do the same?
Actually, yes it will

Old 06-04-2012, 04:05 AM   #13

Liked 717 Times on 468 Posts
Likes Given: 1952

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp View Post
When I was in the service the cross trained us to use these weapons in case we found ourselves having them as our only option should our battle weapon become unusable.

This gives you an intimate relationship with them that sometimes turns into a love affair.

Thankfully I was immune to their wiles, and still love American made weapons only.

However, I understand the why!
Thats a converted (Russian) Saiga in your avatar... You love american made weapons only?

Old 06-04-2012, 04:09 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10273 Times on 4432 Posts
Likes Given: 1628

For my first SKS I owned (actually a type 56 from China) the guy that had it did not need it any more.

During WW 2, there were a LOT of Lugers in duffel bags. A lot of Arisakas made it back to the US. The Jews that settled Israel in the late 1940s were quite happy to get 98K's.

No, am not going to flame you- just have a different view- but I can understand yours. Knew a gent that was a POW of Japan. Would have nothing in his house that was made in Japan. As far as cars, he would walk before setting foot in a Datsun or Honda.

Like all of us, he had his demons to deal with in his way. You got yours, I got mine. It is what is is, bro- or as the saying was common among us old farts- it don't mean nothing.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:14 AM   #15

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

They've responded but you're only looking for replies that support your preexisting thoughts on the topic.

I'm a vet and have experienced loss. I think you're being dramatic.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:37 AM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
For my first SKS I owned (actually a type 56 from China) the guy that had it did not need it any more.

During WW 2, there were a LOT of Lugers in duffel bags. A lot of Arisakas made it back to the US. The Jews that settled Israel in the late 1940s were quite happy to get 98K's.

No, am not going to flame you- just have a different view- but I can understand yours. Knew a gent that was a POW of Japan. Would have nothing in his house that was made in Japan. As far as cars, he would walk before setting foot in a Datsun or Honda.

Like all of us, he had his demons to deal with in his way. You got yours, I got mine. It is what is is, bro- or as the saying was common among us old farts- it don't mean nothing.
Thank you, I appreciate the answer. There was actually some thought put into it, cane.

Good input!

Old 06-04-2012, 04:38 AM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK
They've responded but you're only looking for replies that support your preexisting thoughts on the topic.

I'm a vet and have experienced loss. I think you're being dramatic.
Call it what you want, pal. I wanted responses from actual combat veterans, and I believe I've gotten two. Yours included. Wasn't looking for answers by trolls or dooshbags offering their insight on how I'm acting.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have been on the business end of a few so i will stand by my previous statement.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukinfuts29
I have been on the business end of a few so i will stand by my previous statement.
Good for you

Old 06-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I served in Afghanistan, Chechnya, and Georgia and we had our weapons turned against us a few times. Do I hate the weapon, no the user yes. I lost many friends, and comrades as the rest of you have.