Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Just curious.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 04:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Default Just curious.....

This is by no means trying to start a war, but I've had this question burning in my mind for quite a while:

How many of you that own AKs, Dragunovs, or SKS weapons are combat veterans that have seen the business end of them? And if you truly have, WHY ON EARTH own one??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-28-2012, 04:42 AM   #2

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

This has been covered here. I'm a combat vet/CIB holder w/ the 10th MNT. and have owned a few AK varients.

I don't see why being on the business end of one would effect anything. They are a capable rifle.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:50 AM   #3

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

When I was in the service the cross trained us to use these weapons in case we found ourselves having them as our only option should our battle weapon become unusable.

This gives you an intimate relationship with them that sometimes turns into a love affair.

Thankfully I was immune to their wiles, and still love American made weapons only.

However, I understand the why!

Old 05-28-2012, 04:55 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp
When I was in the service the cross trained us to use these weapons in case we found ourselves having them as our only option should our battle weapon become unusable.

This gives you an intimate relationship with them that sometimes turns into a love affair.

Thankfully I was immune to their wiles, and still love American made weapons only.

Yeah when I was in I was trained on them too, I just never have been interested in em.

I guess maybe after spending 52 months deployed all over sorts made me hate them. As far as capability, they have it, but I was just wondering.... Basically wanted to see how many vets own them

Old 05-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #5

Liked 1752 Times on 801 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM-LEO View Post
This is by no means trying to start a war, but I've had this question burning in my mind for quite a while:

How many of you that own AKs, Dragunovs, or SKS weapons are combat veterans that have seen the business end of them? And if you truly have, WHY ON EARTH own one??

Not trying to flame on you but you are thinking like a liberal. These guns are inanimate objects they don't hate you. Hating them is pointless, they don't care. The problem wasn't with the weapons pointed at you it was with the people pointing them.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:42 AM   #6

Whats wrong with pointing their guns back at them?

Old 06-04-2012, 03:42 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282

Not trying to flame on you but you are thinking like a liberal. These guns are inanimate objects they don't hate you. Hating them is pointless, they don't care. The problem wasn't with the weapons pointed at you it was with the people pointing them.
A liberal? How so?

I was asking more or less for people's thoughts.

I spent 53 months deployed, facing these weapons. I don't like them, and to me, it would be a little upsetting to own one that looks exactly like what killed my friends. Call it a trigger.

That isn't liberal, that's asking for insight. I was basically wondering what other COMBAT veterans thought of them; not asking for opinions of people that haven't actually had them pointed into their faces or seen the damage they've seen them cause.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:45 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudpupp

Thank ya. That's the sort of response I was seeking. They ARE capable weapons, but doesn't mean that everyone perceives them the same way. Thank ya!

Old 06-04-2012, 03:52 AM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

No disrespect, but you are being entirely too dramatic about a weapon. Things happen, but the guns did not do it to you or your friends.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:02 AM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukinfuts29
No disrespect, but you are being entirely too dramatic about a weapon. Things happen, but the guns did not do it to you or your friends.
Good god! I'm asking other guys OPINIONS.

Did you go to combat?

If not, the question wasn't meant for you, "no offense".

Let me spell it out as simply as possible, once again

IF YOU ARE A COMBAT VETERAN, THAT HAS FACED THESE SPECIFIC WEAPONS, WHAT ATE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THEM? DO YOU OWN THEM?