Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Izmash Saiga 223 - Good price?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default Izmash Saiga 223 - Good price?

I saw a Saiga 223 at a LGS and was wondering if it was a good price.

Gun is a Saiga 223 with a Tapco stock, picatiny rails, and an NCstar gun mounted flashlight and a vertical grip it is used price is $430

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Down here in GA they go for maybe $350 to $400. That's at Adventure Outdoors, look into Cheaperthandirt.com and gunbroker. Hell I'd give the pawn shops a chance. The price you listed before would be reasonable if there were attachments and modifications made to the gun (ie stock, trigger group, hand guard, etc). Are there any attachments? Did you check it for wear/tear marks, rust, etc?

Old 06-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I would pay that $430 in a heart beat if I were you.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #4

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Decent price, but it sounds like the addon's may be junk. Anytime someone uses an NCstar part, there is bound to be more airsoft grade parts stuck on it.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #5

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Is it converted? Some people put on those nasty looking add on stock things to avoid converting it and still have a M4 style stock.

The Tapco and NC stuff would go in the trash.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
Is it converted? Some people put on those nasty looking add on stock things to avoid converting it and still have a M4 style stock.

The Tapco and NC stuff would go in the trash.
The T-6 stock *shudder*

Horrible balanced, mixed with the craptastic stock Saiga trigger.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Really, I have seen lots of reviews from alot of different people - both video and written and they think Tapco produces quality parts - This gun I am looking at has been partially converted - and I can always get a different light if I don't like it - I like the 5.56/223 because it is the ammo carried mostly in the USA by most stores and at $430 I can buy lots of ammo to work this gun out - for the price of an Arsenal gun -But, thanks for the input

Old 06-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHickam View Post
Really, I have seen lots of reviews from alot of different people - both video and written and they think Tapco produces quality parts - This gun I am looking at has been partially converted - and I can always get a different light if I don't like it - I like the 5.56/223 because it is the ammo carried mostly in the USA by most stores and at $430 I can buy lots of ammo to work this gun out - for the price of an Arsenal gun -But, thanks for the input
SOME of the tapco stuff for Ak's are good.

The G2 trigger is pretty much the standard on conversion rifles
The fixed buttstocks are nice, but you really cant screw that up
The stubby foregrip is great I think
The SAW pistol grip is very comfortable for me, I'm actually going to toss my Mako Ergo grip to go back to it

Basically, their folding stocks suck, the galil foregrip is questionable, and the tri-rail forend is "meh"

My first conversion I used all tapco parts. It was a good build, but I would never use the forend again.

Please don't take it that I'm bashing the rifle at all, I just would be weary of the quality of some of the parts, and the skill of the person who converted it.
If you ever come down towards Austin, I'd be glad to help you out making sure it was done well.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks I may take you up on that - I want to install a flash suppressor and other stuff to make this as close as I can to a functional SD/HD gun