IO INC AKs
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > IO INC AKs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 04:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Default IO INC AKs

Can anyone tell me anything about the IO Inc Aks that are made in North Carolina? I am wanting something for shooting hogs and an AK is what I have decided on. I was looking for something that is going to be reliable and accurate (as accurate as an AK can be). I have been doing some looking and have narrowed my choices to an IO Inc AK and a Saiga that I would convert. I know what the Saigas are capable of, but not the IO Inc. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about the IO Inc?

Is there a company that makes 10 round magazines for the AK so I could deer hunt with it if I want to?

Thanks everyone.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-11-2010, 04:42 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Do you know what the retail pricing is for the AK's?

Old 07-11-2010, 05:12 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

For your first AK, why not compare it to an economical, sturdy, reliable builder's rifles in cost, cosmetics and function.

Century Arms has been manufacturing AK-47s for decades on U.S. made receivers, barrels and various other American made parts. There are many that knock Century, but I've owned and shot many and never got a "problem" rifle.

Look around:

J&G Sales

Centerfire Systems, Inc. - Your Home For Ammo, Firearms, Magazines, and Gun Accessories

AIM Surplus Home

Different guns, many options. Find what you want!

Old 07-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #4

Liked 718 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 743

I agree w/ Diggs. Don't sell Century arms short. I have a couple rifles from IO. They are very nice indeed, but not any better than my century rifles.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.