info on loading drums...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > info on loading drums...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default info on loading drums...

I bought a drum the other day...

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=453845

Romanian 75 round. Any FAQ's online for loading, cleaning, etc?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-30-2008, 01:03 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

there not bad to load, Put one shell in and turn the wing nut once and let off, insert another and turn it again and let off, keep doing this till you have all 75 rounds loaded.
I like these drums better then the chinese ones, they might be a lil bit slower to load but they tend to feed faster.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:46 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
there not bad to load, Put one shell in and turn the wing nut once and let off, insert another and turn it again and let off, keep doing this till you have all 75 rounds loaded.
I like these drums better then the chinese ones, they might be a lil bit slower to load but they tend to feed faster.
Thanks... That's how it appeared to load, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a step.

Your comment about the chinese drums, well, a lot of people have told me the chinese drums are best. They can be left loaded for long periods of time, and have less feeding problems. I was told to NOT leave these drums loaded for long, and that they have more issues. I just didn't want to pay twice as much for a chinese drum yet.

So, any sort of maintenance besides wiping it down and a light coat of oil on the outside? By the way, here is the drum in my new Yugo RPK:

Old 07-31-2008, 11:17 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

you wont have any trouble with these, they be great and cost enough as it is, screw the chinese ones for that $$$
No maintenance needed for them other then light oil now and then.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:37 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Here is some info. Most info is on the Chinese drum but Scroll down for the little bit of info on the Romanian drum.

http://www.ak-47.us/75_Drum_Mag.php

There is a screw driver type slot in the hub nut that holds the lid on the Romainian drum. Stick a screw driver in there, press down and turn. The hub nut will come off thus you will be able to remove the lid to clean the drum out.

Want to go a step further? Press down on the screw driver thing again and turn the pin up. Now you can take the inside "turrett" out. If its called a turrett?

Re-install everyting the same way you took it apart. Unload the drum first of course.

I have both Romainian and Chinese drums. Both function very well.

Tom :D

Last edited by Tom the roofer; 07-31-2008 at 07:40 PM.