Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Imported Receiver Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Imported Receiver Question

I have a question. I have searched google for imported Zastava yugo M70 receivers. I know they are out there. I just don't know where to get one or if it legal. I understand the 922r law some what. But I'm not sure if the "no more than 10 imported parts" includes an original receiver.

I have a Yugo M70AB2 by Century. I just want to get a real Zastava receiver for it. Preferably milled. Stamped if that's what it is.

I have seen websites selling AK parts kits minus receivers.

Can someone provide some info for me please?

Thank you all...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #2

Liked 2436 Times on 1388 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

IANAl, but, if memory serves, the ATF requires the receiver be

cut in half on guns coming to the US as parts kits, or something like that?

You may be able to get the receiver separately, maybe somebody with more

foreign acquisition experience can chime in...

Old 04-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #3

Thanks for the response. I've seen the cut imported receivers for sale. I want either an original milled yugo receiver or an after market with the Zastava engraving like the originals.

Thanks for any help....