Im against Aks and Sks rifles, persuade me
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Im against Aks and Sks rifles, persuade me

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

I do not like AK or SKS rifles, I think they are garbage. I shoot heavy bench guns, don't love AR's but think they are superior. I will refrain from posting. I want you to persuade me to own one and I know how inaccurate they are. I know you can throw sand in them and keep working. So if you have the stones, try and sell me on them. p.s. my rifles shoot .200 5 shot groups. And thy are reliable, accuracy is better than volume. Please try!!

Last edited by 7mmstw; 02-29-2012 at 06:40 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

I have a saiga 7.62x39... Although its not a "true" ak all the systems are the same.. I bought the rifle from my buddy for 300 bucks.

I personally saw him shoot over 1500 rds of corrosive ammo through that gun upstate with me one weekend... He never cleaned the gun and 5 months later I bought it..
Soaked the parts in some windex put a little bit of oil on it and I have never had any problems what so ever.. I still shoot corrosive ammo through it. I get 1280 rds for 219 bucks! It's like 17 cents a rd..

Also it will eat up and steel cased cheap ammo u throw at it too.

So what are you really buying? A accurate to about 300 yrd rifle with lots of stopping power, cheap ammo so u can shoot all day, and mine has not to much recoil as long as u hold it right.

They aren't heavy bench guns.. And if u want a sling will help with that too.

As for the sks I never shot or held one so don't have any input on that.

Buy an ak.. U will like it and won't regret it.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8600

Here's a reason to believe SKS's are accurate rifles. The first time I went to an outdoor range and shooting, I shot an SKS. I had shot once before in my life, a rifle and a pistol on my sisters farm at a few milk jugs, so basically I had no experience of any sort shooting. I shot an SKS at 100 yds at a 10 inch target and I hit the target the first try. I heard the plink of the metal. The gun was heavy for me so I was sitting and I had my elbow on the bench to steady the rifle. But I'm telling you, I was impressed with the rifle because I'm not all that great of a shot.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #4

This is kind of an odd thread. I'm not going to try and convince you to buy an AK because you are a bench rest shooter, the AK 47/ sks etc are for solders not bench rest shooters. In fact I promise if you were in the field and had to run and gun you would no doubt grab an AK and a couple of 30 rd mags than your heavy bench rifle and a hand full of rounds that you have to put in your pocket.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemanod
This is kind of an odd thread. I'm not going to try and convince you to buy an AK because you are a bench rest shooter, the AK 47/ sks etc are for solders not bench rest shooters. In fact I promise if you were in the field and had to run and gun you would no doubt grab an AK and a couple of 30 rd mags than your heavy bench rifle and a hand full of rounds that you have to put in your pocket.
I'm not going to try and convince you to buy an ak

He is a sniper he would grab a pistol and his bench rifle
1 shot 1 kill

Me my eye sight sux I will grab the ak 47 spray And pray
I know the ak platform best

For hunting use the ar platform in 308 more accurate

Old 02-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm47nagiont

I'm not going to try and convince you to buy an ak

He is a sniper he would grab a pistol and his bench rifle
1 shot 1 kill

Me my eye sight sux I will grab the ak 47 spray And pray
I know the ak platform best

For hunting use the ar platform in 308 more accurate
Lol! He's not a sniper, he's a bench rest competition shooter.

Their's nothing wrong with competition shooting, but I don't think it's fair to compare rifles.

Bench rest rifles are precision rifles made for upmost accuracy, they can cost thousands of dollars, and they are heavy as hell.

AK47 was designed to put a reliable, light weight rifle in solders hands as cheaply as possible.

If you love sitting behind a bench and stacking bullets on top of each other all day and loading all your own ammo, cool, don't buy an AK.

But if you don't have much money, and love to run and gun an AK is tons of fun.

In fact let me say this, try and talk me into buying an over priced, heavy as hell bench gun, when I can get an AK 47 or 74 and shoot literally 1,000's of rounds through it and have an Absolute blast for about a 1/4 of the cost.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #7

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

If you do some improvements on a sks, kinda build it like so many people do with the ar. I think you would be suprised with the sks. If you did some good custom rounds for it, you would love it like I love mine. I dont think you could get the same range as them heavy guns but it's better then you might think.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #8

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Thank you gentlemen

Old 02-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #9

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Wow it worked ? I can't believe it was that easy.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #10

Inaccurate Haha funny

Closed Thread