Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > I wanna buy a cheap but reliable ak that takes 30 rd mags need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Why not a Saiga they are cheap you can get one for 399. They are AK-47's minus a pistol grip.A miner modification can add the pistol grip and you have you a ak-47. A AK-47 from Russia.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #22

Liked 53 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseanStuckInCali View Post
Why not a Saiga they are cheap you can get one for 399. They are AK-47's minus a pistol grip.A miner modification can add the pistol grip and you have you a ak-47. A AK-47 from Russia.
Don't get me wrong the Saiga is a good gun, but the normal AK mags and other parts will not fit on the Saiga.
In the Saiga the feed ramp is mounted on the front of the mags, this is why the mags cost so much for it.
The best thing you can do for a Saiga is to convert back to a real AK.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 Man View Post
Don't get me wrong the Saiga is a good gun, but the normal AK mags and other parts will not fit on the Saiga.
In the Saiga the feed ramp is mounted on the front of the mags, this is why the mags cost so much for it.
The best thing you can do for a Saiga is to convert back to a real AK.
The Saiga is as close as you can get to an original AK. Its made in the original AK factory. Its one of the best most reliable AKs on the market. Why do you think so many people and companies modify them? Look at Arsenal, Tromix, etc. Have you ever heard of anyone not happy about a SAigas fit and finish? If I remember right you can modify a Saiga to except steel AK magazines.

Last edited by mjkeat; 08-15-2010 at 03:43 PM.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
The Saiga is as close as you can get to an original AK. Its made in the original AK factory. Its one of the best most reliable AKs on the market. Why do you think so many people and companies modify them? Look at Arsenal, Tromix, etc. Have you ever heard of anyone not happy about a SAigas fit and finish? If I remember right you can modify a Saiga to except steel AK magazines.
Yeah you can attach something to them that looks like a small metal lip that allows it to accept normal AK mags.

You're also right that the Saiga is the closest thing you'll come to a true ak.

A lot of the AK's out now are knock offs.Would you buy a AR-15 made in China? I don't think so lol.

Old 08-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseanStuckInCali View Post
Yeah you can attach something to them that looks like a small metal lip that allows it to accept normal AK mags.

You're also right that the Saiga is the closest thing you'll come to a true ak.

A lot of the AK's out now are knock offs.Would you buy a AR-15 made in China? I don't think so lol.
LOL Some would.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #26

Get a Norinco MAK 90 (Only firearm needed for interplanetary travel)