Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > I. O. inc AK problem.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default I. O. inc AK problem.

This weekend I took my new I. O. Inc Polish Sporter out for the first time. It shoots dead on but it will not feed under its own power. If I manually work the action it will feed and extract just fine. After I shoot either the bolt will recoil and then close back on an empty chamber or it will stop right before it would strip a new round. When it does this the old empty case is usually just sitting in the action and you have to shake it out. Ive used the two poly mags that came with the gun along with one steel mag and they all had the same problem. Also I am using cheepo Tulammo dont know if that would cause this problem tho. Thanks for any help.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

I think you have an ammunition problem from the sound of it. Get a box if "good" ammo from Walmart (Remington/Winchester etc) or other source and try it. It seems not to be the magazines due to the fact you have tried three of them. If there is no drag when you pull it back by hand and let it go loading a round. Probably weal ammunition that is failing to cycle the weapon. If that doesn't work and the rifle is new send it back.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 12-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #3

Liked 2075 Times on 1222 Posts
Likes Given: 445

An AK should run on any of the cheap steel cased ammo since it is what they were made to run on. Have you shot it without problems before? Does it have a recoil buffer on the recoil spring that may be causing the bolt carrier to bounce forward before ejection and the mag spring have time to work? How does the ejector look? What type of plastic mags came with it? What type if steel mag did you try?

Old 12-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #4

This was my first time shooting this gun. I never got off two consecutive shots without having to manually work the bolt. There is no recoil buffer. The two plastic mags are I.O. mags. I can't find any markings on the steel mag. The guy at the gun store just pulled it out of a box of old mil surp mags. With the holidays coming up It may be a month before I can get out to the farm to shoot again.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #5

Can you take off the action cover and take a picture inside so that we can see the ejector and action rails. Also the bolt face may be useful to have a pic of along with the recoil spring.

Otherwise the gas block/gas port, magazine height, could play into it.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #6

Liked 141 Times on 99 Posts

Sounds like your gas port or block is clogged, have you fieldstriped it to see If its full if cosmo?
Your ammo has nothing to do with it, if its functioning properly it will eat any ammo you throw at it.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #7

Liked 141 Times on 99 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Can you take off the action cover and take a picture inside so that we can see the ejector and action rails. Also the bolt face may be useful to have a pic of along with the recoil spring.

Otherwise the gas block/gas port, magazine height, could play into it.
Do this if you can please

Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #8

Maybe this will work. This the first time Iv ever attached pics.

rifle-pics-001.jpg   rifle-pics-002.jpg   rifle-pics-003.jpg   rifle-pics-004.jpg   rifle-pics-005.jpg  

rifle-pics-006.jpg   rifle-pics-007.jpg   rifle-pics-021.jpg  

Last edited by bigbomar4; 12-10-2012 at 12:03 AM.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:42 AM   #9

Pics look pretty good. Nothing too obvious there. Could use one more shot from above the action without the bolt carrier in place to be able to see the ejector and the area right before the rear of the barrel.

Can you get a small piece of wire or a pipe cleaner to go through the gas port and into the barrel where you can see it? Sometimes there can be some metal fouling from drilling the gas port that get into the port.

Last edited by SSGN_Doc; 12-10-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:17 AM   #10

I cant get a wire in the gas port but the wire I have is pretty stiff. I will try and find something softer at work. I did shine a bright light down the port and I cannot see anything down the barrel.

imag0353.jpg