I like this and may get one if money allows - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > I like this and may get one if money allows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

All I know right now is that this stock requires no mods to the existing weapon to put together. It says on the site that you can use the standard steel AK mags and the Tapco 20 round mags. from my understanding without mods to the weapon or stock. The only SKS not actualy tasted with this stock is the Yugo SKS and they are going to test that one this month.

I have asked them if it is in production and shipping now sense I want one and my son likes it also so he said he would buy it and we can test it to make sure it is as good as they say it is.

The issue of 922r I think is that the U.S. requires that 10 or 11 parts on a import must be American made and I don't know if they say what parts that is, from what I gathered it is any parts so you can replace what you choose to make it legal. Thats all I know about it right now.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:03 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
The issue of 922r I think is that the U.S. requires that 10 or 11 parts on a import must be American made and I don't know if they say what parts that is, from what I gathered it is any parts so you can replace what you choose to make it legal. Thats all I know about it right now.
There is a list of "regulated parts" on that SKS forum, the survivors board. I remember stock, handguard/gas tube, mag body, mag floor, mag follower thing that supports the cartridges, gas piston, operating rod (debated), and some more pricey stuff like the bolt or bolt carrier and some trigger group stuff. 922(r) Parts Count Info from ATF - 14 Parts! I'm not very active there, due to a lot of ignorance on my part, but those guys seem nice & knowledgable.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:38 PM   #13

Reciever Barrel Muzzle Attachment Bolt Bolt Carrier Gas Piston Trigger Housing Trigger Hammer Sear Disconnector Butt Stock Forearm/Handgaurd Magazine Body Follower

Are the parts

From what I gather in the bullpup it replaces the Stock 1 part

That makes me at 14 now. If I remove my muzzle break that makes it 13 parts

New Titanium gas piston made in US makes it 12 Parts

BUT I'm unsure about the trigger. Because the hammer still has to be there with the trigger assembly from the old SKS to acctually deploy the round. I'm guessing you essentially will have 2 triggers and the Bullpup one activates the hammer.

So you would still need 2 more parts to take off to matter the rifle

Meaning possibly the upper handgaurd tube or you would have to use just Tapco 20 Round magazines or AK mags if your SKS tages AK mags.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #14

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Strictly from limited experience...(i had an SKS for about a year), this does look pretty cool. I hope you do get the set up and tell us how you like it. I took the lazy way out, and bought an AK!

Old 07-17-2009, 08:21 PM   #15

I for the most part figured the cheapest way to make it compliant

The new stock counts as -2 on a Yugo making it 13 parts left to go On any other SKS it would be 12 parts to go

Remove the Muzzle Brake -1 Making it now at 12 Parts left to go for a yugo making it even with any other SKS

So now we have 12 Foreign parts on any SKS. Cheaper way would be to just use Tapco 20 Round mags now but then Stripper clips are a bitch

but there is a mod to make it where tapcos work better with stripper clips and that might be the golden d*** right there.

Also you can remove the gas piston and replace that with an american part making it 9 or 10 depending on if you want to leave the muzzle brake on the yugo but that's more expensive.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:28 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

There are some other muzzle devices available for the Yugos. There were some custom ones posted on that other site, i bleve. The gas piston is cheap from tapco, but the handguard with gas tube is like $50.

On my Norinco, i did: gas piston, handguard w/gastube, operating rod (doesn't count), t6 stock, and tapco 20 round mags (2 or 3 parts depending on who you ask), all so i could keep the pig sticker.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #17

Eh I really don't want to bother with removeing the muzzle brake but I guess I will.

I'll have to get a punch and hammer and pull the bastard off....I heard it's a pain in the ass.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #18

I just called and the owner's wife picked up and the owner will be calling me soon.

I will jot down a bunch of information and find out in stone what I will need to make it compliant and some technical mumbo jumbo about it.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:01 PM   #19

Ok I have found out how to get it compliant with a Yugo SKS

You must remove the old wooden handgaurd -1

Remove the old stock....replace it with new bull pup -1

Remove the Muzzle Brake -1

Replace Gas Piston with Tapco or comparable american piston -1

Buy SGworks part that replaces the trigger of the original SKS...meaning you got to do alittle work on the trigger and replace the SKS trigger with this part....and piano wire runs to the new Bull Pup trigger and activates the old trigger mechanism allowing the gun to fire. -1 again

So now we have -5 from the Yugo meaning 15-5=10

And if you don't want to do the gas piston or the trigger thing then you can always just use Tapco 20 Rounders instead.

Compliant Bull Pup.

Last edited by JiroZero713; 07-17-2009 at 11:07 PM.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:25 PM   #20

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

They will be shipping this in Sept.