I just bought my first SKS - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > I just bought my first SKS

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #11
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 25,178
Liked 8664 Times on 5169 Posts
Likes Given: 11416

Default

What a beautiful rifle. One of the first guns I ever shot was a Chinese Norinco SKS. It had a spike bayonet on it. I LOVED that gun. I am not much of a rifle person but I would certainly be proud and excited to own a rifle like yours. Take her out and shoot her and post a range report.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
synical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Opelika,Alabama
Posts: 227
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
What a beautiful rifle. One of the first guns I ever shot was a Chinese Norinco SKS. It had a spike bayonet on it. I LOVED that gun. I am not much of a rifle person but I would certainly be proud and excited to own a rifle like yours. Take her out and shoot her and post a range report.
I will go shoot her soon. Its been raining every day here so hopefully soon I will get to go run some rounds threw her! I noticed I only have a 5 digit serial number on it starting with a K. And I read online that the Chinese produced this SKS with blade style bayonet up to 9,000,000 and then went to spike bayonet! Is there any way to tell how old this one is?
__________________
Fire for effect!
synical is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #13
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 25,178
Liked 8664 Times on 5169 Posts
Likes Given: 11416

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by synical View Post
I will go shoot her soon. Its been raining every day here so hopefully soon I will get to go run some rounds threw her! I noticed I only have a 5 digit serial number on it starting with a K. And I read online that the Chinese produced this SKS with blade style bayonet up to 9,000,000 and then went to spike bayonet! Is there any way to tell how old this one is?
I can't help you with trying to figure out the age of the gun. I have a great interest in the Viet Nam era and the SKS is a part of that. It's raining? I guarantee you that won't stop that SKS from firing. Drop it in the mud a time or two, I'll bet it will still fire. I'm not really suggesting you do that to that beautiful rifle but I bet you'll get tired out long before that gun does. You make me want an SKS now.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:54 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
synical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Opelika,Alabama
Posts: 227
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I can't help you with trying to figure out the age of the gun. I have a great interest in the Viet Nam era and the SKS is a part of that. It's raining? I guarantee you that won't stop that SKS from firing. Drop it in the mud a time or two, I'll bet it will still fire. I'm not really suggesting you do that to that beautiful rifle but I bet you'll get tired out long before that gun does. You make me want an SKS now.
Yeah I know the range is covered so I guess I should just sack up and go shoot it! That may just be the plan for tommorrow! muhahaha
__________________
Fire for effect!
synical is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rogers, AR
Posts: 6,262
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default

I haven't had a chance to shoot my new SKS either. That stinks. It's also a Norinco, but the shorter version Paratrooper. I have the spike off of it for cleaning.

Just to make WoC want one even more........
norinco1.jpg   norinco3.jpg  
Gojubrian is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dalesfirearm68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Owens Cross Roads,Alabama
Posts: 17
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

i have two one is about 95% and the other i and my wife shoot the crap out of enjoy you got a hell of a deal
both norinco's
dalesfirearm68 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
synical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Opelika,Alabama
Posts: 227
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default

I took the SKS to the range yesterday and ran about 80 rounds threw her! I used wolf ammo and liked it alot! It shoots really well. Here is a pic of what the SKS did. Keep in mind I use this backdrop for all weapons so the bullet holes on the outside of the target are not missed shots i use different size targets on this backdrop. LOL
0717111155a.jpg  
__________________
Fire for effect!
synical is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,858
Liked 901 Times on 573 Posts
Likes Given: 1017

Default

The SKS was my first gun, and I still love it! (Mines a Ruskie ) Thats some Good shootin' too...
__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,154
Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Have you tried the lil stripper clips? They are a hoot, IMO.
__________________
Dead Bears, the only good kind.
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:36 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 343
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by synical View Post
About an hour ago I purchased my first SKS. Its has a beautiful finish on it. Its a Chinese version with the bayonet. I think I am in love with her! Cant wait to go shoot it. I found it in a gun store and paid only 166.00 for it and they threw in a free cheap crappy case! haha
You did extremely well. You paid about half of what the going price is. I own two. They are both fun to shoot and accurate. Congrat's.
zebramochaman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
I Just Bought Me A TRP Fayettedave 1911 Forum 10 10-03-2011 04:10 PM
Bought my 1st Gun lpabsolute Glock Forum 10 10-02-2011 05:08 AM
just bought new gun... Fuzzyinline Hunting Forum 13 01-27-2011 08:13 PM
Bought another one balloo93 AR-15 Discussion 10 04-23-2008 04:51 AM



Newest Threads