Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > I have always wondered where and what kind of AK'S do the terrorists have

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default I have always wondered where and what kind of AK'S do the terrorists have

You always see like those POS al qaeda and other POS terrorists with ak's and i have always wondered what kind and where do they get them???

I assume they get their hands on the fully automatic ones so they don't have to convert them to full auto?

Are they all from when the russians left afghanistan?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #2

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Best estimate is that there have been more than 60 million AKs produced worldwide, the source most likely varies from new illegal imports to frankenguns slapped together from old parts. I have seen a picture of an AK using what looks like a table leg for a stock.

The AK is designed for an illiterate peasant army, requires little training to shoot and maintain, and can take a beating and still work...in other words its perfect for a 7th Century culture warrior.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

There was a program on TV a year or so ago that involved a reporter traveling through Pakistan. He showed many, many villages that made their money by building an rebuilding AKs and other popular weapons of the east and middle east.

Dave

Old 09-23-2011, 01:25 AM   #4

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I would say they get most of them from the caves where 12 year olds are working all day building new ones and piecing the broken ones back together.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #5

Well there are tons of them on the arms market... probably the most common rifle out there, Many are East German... possibly gotten on the market by ex Stazi or filtered out into the market by Russia, Russia supplied tens of thousands of them to rebel armys in africa
back in the 70's & 80's many have come from that area, they also supplied rebels in South America and the Phillipeans, not to mention all the war material supplied to the middeleast.... Then there were the Chinese who supplied weapons to pakisatan and the Mudjadine when the USSR occupied the country.... non of these weapons were owned by a government so it is hard to keep track of them and in 20 years time they get spread over the globe.....

Old 09-26-2011, 01:42 AM   #6
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyerracing343 View Post
I would say they get most of them from the caves where 12 year olds are working all day building new ones and piecing the broken ones back together.
And then they get molested after working their fingers to the bone. The local tribal culture sucks, at least out away from the cities.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #7

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 70

here is your answer, watch the whole thing