Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   I have always wondered where and what kind of AK'S do the terrorists have (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/i-have-always-wondered-where-what-kind-aks-do-terrorists-have-48613/)

CAMCHAMPION1988 09-22-2011 04:26 PM

I have always wondered where and what kind of AK'S do the terrorists have

You always see like those POS al qaeda and other POS terrorists with ak's and i have always wondered what kind and where do they get them???

I assume they get their hands on the fully automatic ones so they don't have to convert them to full auto?

Are they all from when the russians left afghanistan?

Jpyle 09-22-2011 04:54 PM

Best estimate is that there have been more than 60 million AKs produced worldwide, the source most likely varies from new illegal imports to frankenguns slapped together from old parts. I have seen a picture of an AK using what looks like a table leg for a stock.

The AK is designed for an illiterate peasant army, requires little training to shoot and maintain, and can take a beating and still work...in other words its perfect for a 7th Century culture warrior.

dgray64 09-22-2011 08:37 PM

There was a program on TV a year or so ago that involved a reporter traveling through Pakistan. He showed many, many villages that made their money by building an rebuilding AKs and other popular weapons of the east and middle east.

Dave :)

Boyerracing343 09-23-2011 01:25 AM

I would say they get most of them from the caves where 12 year olds are working all day building new ones and piecing the broken ones back together. :D

KABAR2 09-25-2011 09:39 PM

Well there are tons of them on the arms market... probably the most common rifle out there, Many are East German... possibly gotten on the market by ex Stazi or filtered out into the market by Russia, Russia supplied tens of thousands of them to rebel armys in africa
back in the 70's & 80's many have come from that area, they also supplied rebels in South America and the Phillipeans, not to mention all the war material supplied to the middeleast.... Then there were the Chinese who supplied weapons to pakisatan and the Mudjadine when the USSR occupied the country.... non of these weapons were owned by a government so it is hard to keep track of them and in 20 years time they get spread over the globe.....

trip286 09-26-2011 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boyerracing343 (Post 584711)
I would say they get most of them from the caves where 12 year olds are working all day building new ones and piecing the broken ones back together. :D

And then they get molested after working their fingers to the bone. The local tribal culture sucks, at least out away from the cities.

Nathantc 10-04-2011 08:30 AM

here is your answer, watch the whole thing