I could make some serious money - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > I could make some serious money

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 01:37 AM   #11
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
robocop10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin,Texas, by God!!
Posts: 10,740
Liked 3358 Times on 1739 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Default

The guy is an idiot. He is just going by what the tag says. The guy who filled out the tag is guilty of misdemeanor dumbass. THAT guy is the one who needs to be fired. The salesman needs to be trained better.
__________________
In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball
robocop10mm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:12 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,635
Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
The guy is an idiot. He is just going by what the tag says. The guy who filled out the tag is guilty of misdemeanor dumbass. THAT guy is the one who needs to be fired. The salesman needs to be trained better.
I tried to do just that, I have him the knowledge and showed him each indicator and still would not listen. I felt I was waiting my time and left
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:29 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
308Wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 212
Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Default

What a moronic thief... (He's gotta be doing it on purpose)
I hope someone breaks in and steals that rifle overnight
308Wins is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:38 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
austin92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,004
Liked 230 Times on 172 Posts

Default

Wish i had seen this a few months ago. Couldn't find any bolt action 7.62x54r sks's when I went shopping for one so I settled on a mosin :rollseyes: lol. There's some real idiots out there in the gun market right now
austin92 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:27 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,635
Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
Wish i had seen this a few months ago. Couldn't find any bolt action 7.62x54r sks's when I went shopping for one so I settled on a mosin :rollseyes: lol. There's some real idiots out there in the gun market right now
Your telling me. I found another that sold me an illuminated mtac for $100 cause he said it did not work. He didn't put the battery in and didn't know virus has a lifetime warranty. Also got a laser lyte misprints green laser for $50 for the same reason. I didn't know there wasn't a problem till I got home but knew both companies have good warranties. But I think the best deal I got was a trade. I trade some cheap red dot sight for an eotech at a gun show. I bought the red dot for $30
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Quentin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 6,834
Liked 1158 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 1180

Default

He probably paid for it as an SKS (during the panic spree) and he's darn sure not going to sell it for less! Some day, somebody will come in and pay his price ... (he hopes)!
__________________
______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
________________________________________
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek
Quentin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:31 AM   #17
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 18,007
Liked 10549 Times on 4555 Posts
Likes Given: 1692

Default

For a Pawn Shop to engage in the business of buying, selling and pawning firearms, they must hold a type 2 FFL.

As an FFL, they must maintain a bound volume of acquisitions and dispositions of firearms. Guns in, guns out. When they are audited by the BATFE, they must show guns in, and match them to guns on hand, or completed form 4473s (or an ATF and police report of stolen guns)

Frankly, they do not sound bright enough to BE in the gun business- and once they have an inspection by an Industry Inspector, they probably will no longer BE in the business.


Chump.
__________________
What we have here is... failure- to communicate.
c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:58 AM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,635
Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
For a Pawn Shop to engage in the business of buying, selling and pawning firearms, they must hold a type 2 FFL.

As an FFL, they must maintain a bound volume of acquisitions and dispositions of firearms. Guns in, guns out. When they are audited by the BATFE, they must show guns in, and match them to guns on hand, or completed form 4473s (or an ATF and police report of stolen guns)

Frankly, they do not sound bright enough to BE in the gun business- and once they have an inspection by an Industry Inspector, they probably will no longer BE in the business.

Chump.
Cool, I'll tell him hows that sks now
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:02 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

Dollar gets ya two that says you will see it listed as a Mosin tomorrow.
__________________
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson
DrumJunkie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:12 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bigjim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
Posts: 560
Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Default

Quote:
Does the lawn shop have the same requirements as an ffl?
Yes they do, as well as inventorying planting tools (LOL).

But seriously, when they acquired the rifle someone might have told them it was a Yugo and they thought it was a SKS, from what I understand, Yugo's made Mosin's as well as SKS's. They may have very little knowledge of firearms.

Jim
bigjim is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
17 HMR What is the best for the money? Arnie2toy General Rifle Discussion 14 04-25-2012 12:24 PM



Newest Threads