How to wear / carry "Stripper clips" ?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > How to wear / carry "Stripper clips" ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default How to wear / carry "Stripper clips" ?

My thinking is "the only good Ammo is that Ammo I HAVE *WITH* me!

When circumstances insist , my plan is "Grab the SKS.... and get going".

On this part of the Blue Planet, we our legally allowed only 5 round Mags. We are allowed "Stripper clips" - = those slightly curved metal things that allow 5 rounds to be loaded on, then "stripped in one push down into an empyty MAgazine.

My question is " how to carry them so they be ready to go. (Your standard ammo belt doesnae seem to fit this bill)

I kinda imagine a vest with little slit pockets that these clips can sit down, then be grabbed and loaded.

What do others do ? think?
Question comments welcomed as ever.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9202 Times on 3970 Posts
Likes Given: 1440

http://www.amazon.com/SKS-Bandoleer-Bandolier-Cartridge-Ammunition/dp/B0058PBJ0W

Or just get a sling pack from the department store down the way. I think Grace Brothers has them on sale. Say hello to Mr. Humpfries and Cpt. Peacock while you are there.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #3

Liked 2555 Times on 1456 Posts
Likes Given: 1985

If you've bought any Mosins, you usually get a couple of leather

cartridge holders for a standard belt.

Amusing little relics. And wadddayaknow, they still work...

Old 05-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

They actually have stripper clip holding bandoleers, but i would go with wolf's avenue and buy the Mosin double ammo holder device things. They work, easy to carry and cheap. You can find them for less than $1 most places, jgsales might have them online, havent check in awhile.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:13 AM   #5

Liked 62 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If you've bought any Mosins, you usually get a couple of leather

cartridge holders for a standard belt.

Amusing little relics. And wadddayaknow, they still work...
Oh is that what that is?

Don't try loading them into a ammo can & expect them to stay on the strippers. It's not going to happen!
You don't need to ask me how I know this.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
George S. Patton

Old 05-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 Man

Oh is that what that is?

Don't try loading them into a ammo can & expect them to stay on the strippers. It's not going to happen!
You don't need to ask me how I know this.
I've never had a problem with the SKS strippers in my mosin ammo carriers, unless you're throwing them at people as a form of defense... IMO they should be pretty snug insode the pouch, shouldnt move. But thats just with my style of clips, damn chinese steel, always holding on to everything.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
http://www.amazon.com/SKS-Bandoleer-Bandolier-Cartridge-Ammunition/dp/B0058PBJ0W

Or just get a sling pack from the department store down the way. I think Grace Brothers has them on sale. Say hello to Mr. Humpfries and Cpt. Peacock while you are there.
Ouch $22.95, picked one up for $10 at mil-surplus store last month.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #8

Liked 200 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Nice photos, guys.

The el cheapo cloth sewn ones that military surplus 5.56 ammo comes in has always seemed sufficient to me. $7.95 on the internet. But they're free when you buy a can of the surplus ammo. I vaguely recall they have 7 pockets and hold 2 clips each, for a total of 140 rounds.

The Chinese however do seem to have come up with a more durable canvas version though.

That's probably because 7.62 is heavier than 5.56 ammo.

Never knew those Chinese ones existed.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.combatsportsupply.com/images/products/detail/m16bandolier.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.combatsportsupply.com/surplus556bandolier.aspx&h=393&w=472&sz=42&tbnid=c zM_dNdHzAlWCM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=108&zoom=1&usg=__4gI-g8qc3BqzBld7i-3QzLCIpvg=&docid=vM6Nw8rSzhY0yM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=wD_F T_GHH8bfsQKB_cC_AQ&sqi=2&ved=0CHQQ9QEwAQ&dur=411

Last edited by Shoobee; 05-29-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #9

Liked 775 Times on 507 Posts
Likes Given: 853

My SKS clips wont fit in a Mosin pouch... But my clips are for 10 rds; I didnt know there was such a thing as a 5 rd clip for a SKS??

Old 05-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #10

Liked 1562 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 357

They make pebble-grained SKS pouches similar in function to Mosin Pouches, made specifically for SKS strippers. I have several laying around somewhere. They outlasted my SKSs. They are about 6" wide and 2" wide and 2" tall. I beleive the ones I have are Chinese.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan