Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > How many rounds will the AK take......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1063 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 266

I think that the action of corrosive ammo in the destruction of a firearm doesn't come from firing a gazillion rounds in one sitting, but firing a few rounds, and leaving the firearm in an atmosphere where humidity can work with the corrosive salts to eat the bore. A process that is slowed greatly by the chrome-lined bore, but can still work on other components of the weapon.

As far as burning through ammo, long and fast enought to turn the weapon into a torch, I just don't see the point. Seems almost like vandalism to me; but then again, I am an old fuddy-duddy, and I have a limited ammo budget.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 09-10-2012, 01:15 AM   #12

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I think that the action of corrosive ammo in the destruction of a firearm doesn't come from firing a gazillion rounds in one sitting, but firing a few rounds, and leaving the firearm in an atmosphere where humidity can work with the corrosive salts to eat the bore. A process that is slowed greatly by the chrome-lined bore, but can still work on other components of the weapon.

As far as burning through ammo, long and fast enought to turn the weapon into a torch, I just don't see the point. Seems almost like vandalism to me; but then again, I am an old fuddy-duddy, and I have a limited ammo budget.
+1000 same here on limited funds. Like someone crash-testing their own cars just to see if the mfg lied or not.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #13

Its really seeing what the system can take, and showing others what a great system this is. We did this to satisfy others curiosity, because no one else would do this.being as though we dont have access to the factory testing, the weapon still works however the rear sight needs to be at the 800m setting to hit targets @100M because of the barrel droop. we will continue to shoot till the end of the year. New Barrel on standby, for 01-01-13 lol

Old 09-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #14

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunsuspecting
Its really seeing what the system can take, and showing others what a great system this is. We did this to satisfy others curiosity, because no one else would do this.being as though we dont have access to the factory testing, the weapon still works however the rear sight needs to be at the 800m setting to hit targets @100M because of the barrel droop. we will continue to shoot till the end of the year. New Barrel on standby, for 01-01-13 lol
Seeing this video has made me want to look it to getting an ak also thinking about making my own stress test video for the ruger sr9c I can't find any

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"