You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

How do you like your AK?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2015, 07:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Default How do you like your AK?

Ask style guns come in two different looks. The original look with a wooden stock and wooden grip or the newer tactical versions with m4 stocks, rails, brakes, and lots of other things thrown onto it to make it a better weapon. I think we can all agree that the tactical versions are better if you want results. But the question is which one looks better. Obviously there is no right or wrong it is just opinion but I Want to see what others like more. Personally I like a combination. I like all black AK's but no rails other than the standard top one. I know that most people like the look of the wood ones more but would choose the tactical one for its results on targets. Lots of people think that I would be getting the worse of both but I like how the black looks and like the feel of the smooth hand guards. Anyways I've been rambling. I find that the older of the people you are taking to the more they would choose the wooden ones. I am a young shooter so it fits that I would lean towards the more tactical look. Of course not every person in the same age group like the same things but this is just what I've noticed. So tell me which look you prefer and if you've noticed the differences between the ages too.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-13-2015, 10:34 AM   #2

Liked 3465 Times on 2040 Posts
Likes Given: 883

For AKs I like them simple. They weren't really intended to be all tac'd out. The ergos are pretty poor and accuracy is somewhat lacking.for prescision optics though a good red dot on a quick detach rail is a ok addition to speed up handling a bit.

What I really like about the AK is the simplicity so that is how I prefer to keep mine.

How do you like your AK? - AK & SKS Discussion
People Like This 
Old 11-13-2015, 12:16 PM   #3

Liked 110 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Have a pistol model. Lots of fun at the range.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:39 PM   #4

Liked 560 Times on 321 Posts

Default How do you like your AK?

I had my pistol turned into a rifle. Why? Why not! If I ever get around to it, once fees are paid and papers sent, I can remove the pinned and silver soldered extended flash hider to make it an SBR, which was the intent, but I'm lazy. Honestly, I like them somewhat traditional, except this one.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #5

Liked 36 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Just jumped into the AK game on Veterans Day this year. Wife wanted an AK style because the daughter in law has one and she really liked shooting it. Bought a Century Arms C39V2 for $650 at the LGS and I have to say I am pretty impressed after dealing briefly with some ChiCom products. This one is USA made and the parts seem to fit quite closely. Its a milled receiver which is heavier, but is 4140 steel with a nitrided finish. Came with 2 30 round Mag Puls. The first thing I would change is the grip because its a bit too square, but she likes it okay. She wants a muzzle brake instead of the angle cut muzzle currently on it. Haven't looked hard enough at it to see if that is a threaded part and/or if it is, what the thread pitch and direction might be. Took it to the range yesterday and it shoots pretty well, sights seem fairly well regulated, but might fit it with a red dot for her. I like it pretty much the way it is.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:56 AM   #6

Liked 71 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millitard777 View Post
Ask style guns come in two different looks. The original look with a wooden stock and wooden grip or the newer tactical versions with m4 stocks, rails, brakes, and lots of other things thrown onto it to make it a better weapon. I think we can all agree that the tactical versions are better if you want results. But the question is which one looks better. Obviously there is no right or wrong it is just opinion but I Want to see what others like more. Personally I like a combination. I like all black AK's but no rails other than the standard top one. I know that most people like the look of the wood ones more but would choose the tactical one for its results on targets. Lots of people think that I would be getting the worse of both but I like how the black looks and like the feel of the smooth hand guards. Anyways I've been rambling. I find that the older of the people you are taking to the more they would choose the wooden ones. I am a young shooter so it fits that I would lean towards the more tactical look. Of course not every person in the same age group like the same things but this is just what I've noticed. So tell me which look you prefer and if you've noticed the differences between the ages too.
I guess that the appearance of the rifle is something important to many, but it is not my case. I would take the tactical(polymer & tactical accessories).Performance & functionality first.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:49 PM   #7
Forum Chaplain
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2057 Times on 1043 Posts
Likes Given: 1183

How do I like my AK?

Warm.

Jesus Christ told me to be armed.
The government wants me disarmed.
Guess which one I will obey?
People Like This 
Old 11-19-2015, 04:37 PM   #8

Liked 319 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 254

I like mine just fine, bought a Zastava (former Yugoslavia) NPAP a couple year's back and really like it, very sturdy and exceptionally well-built compared to many others that were handled and fired. A 100% reliable lead spitter that is that perfect rifle for attacking oncoming traffic lol

[IMG]How do you like your AK? - AK & SKS Discussion[/IMG]
Quentin Likes This 
Old 11-19-2015, 04:39 PM   #9

Liked 319 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
For AKs I like them simple. They weren't really intended to be all tac'd out. The ergos are pretty poor and accuracy is somewhat lacking.for prescision optics though a good red dot on a quick detach rail is a ok addition to speed up handling a bit.

What I really like about the AK is the simplicity so that is how I prefer to keep mine.
I am seeing the WASR variety around here as low as $450 right now. Looks like you spent some time on the stock on yours, looks nice
SSGN_Doc Likes This 
Old 11-19-2015, 05:37 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1700 Times on 1115 Posts
Likes Given: 1688

I like AKs simple, too. Picked up a WASR in 2007, a better sling and lots of surplus mags over the years. It doesn't get much more simple than that.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek