Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   How do i remove the wood on my Yugo M70 AK? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/how-do-i-remove-wood-my-yugo-m70-ak-77340/)

louieboots 11-29-2012 03:53 AM

How do i remove the wood on my Yugo M70 AK?
 
Might be a dumb question but my Yugo M 70 isn't like normal AK 47 rifles I don't know how to remove the stock and front grip wood.. I want to sand the wood and throw some clear on it..need help thank you!

louieboots 11-29-2012 03:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my Yugo M70 AK

Attachment 71968

gunsmoke11 11-29-2012 04:40 AM

I suggest you delay removing the forend to sand and clear coat. I don't see a grenade launching sight on your rifle, which seems to be on all the Yugos made from parts these days. Many didn't have side rails and usually the large wood grips are seen on them. If it's a pre-ban(1989) American Arms( a little over 400 imported), or Mitchell Arms import(400 underfolders imported) like I have, you'll hurt the value. Think twice before touching it.
Pre-Ban Mitchell underfolder
http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/...P1010026-1.jpg
http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/...F/P1010027.jpg
Pre-ban Mitchell folder.

louieboots 11-29-2012 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunsmoke11
I suggest you delay removing the forend to sand and clear coat. I don't see a grenade launching sight on your rifle, which seems to be on all the Yugos made from parts these days. Many didn't have side rails and usually the large wood grips are seen on them. If it's a pre-ban(1989) American Arms( a little over 400 imported), or Mitchell Arms import(400 underfolders imported) like I have, you'll hurt the value. Think twice before touching it.
Pre-Ban Mitchell underfolder

Pre-ban Mitchell folder.

Nice rifle! Then you think I should leave the wood? Also where can I get a rear sling attachment like yours? There's only one in the front..

gunsmoke11 11-29-2012 05:15 AM

I don't know why the sling swivel is gone. You'll have to search the internet for Yugo parts. There's plenty out there selling all kinds of parts and you should be able to find one sooner or later. What's the name of the importer on the receiver and is any of the one's I listed on there? If none of the above then your rifle isn't a pre-ban though still nice and you can make any changes you want to it.

magnumman 11-29-2012 05:15 AM

If you can find some spare grips, maybe do your handy work on those and keep the originals incase you ever decide to put them back on and sell the thing. I haven't looked but I would bet that there is some guy on you tube who can teach you how they come off.

louieboots 11-29-2012 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunsmoke11
I don't know why the sling swivel is gone. You'll have to search the internet for Yugo parts. There's plenty out there selling all kinds of parts and you should be able to find one sooner or later. What's the name of the importer on the receiver and is any of the one's I listed on there? If none of the above then your rifle isn't a pre-ban though still nice and you can make any changes you want to it.

It's from Century Arms its called the Zastava Yugo M70 Pap rifle..I don't think it's pre ban..

louieboots 11-29-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnumman
If you can find some spare grips, maybe do your handy work on those and keep the originals incase you ever decide to put them back on and sell the thing. I haven't looked but I would bet that there is some guy on you tube who can teach you how they come off.

Looked on YouTube no videos on this particular AK variant..

gunsmoke11 11-29-2012 05:41 AM

Contact Century Arms for any part you need. As a matter of fact maybe you can speak to someone there who might help you over the phone regarding removing the furniture. At least now you know it isn't pre-ban. Good luck with it.

Isis0927 11-29-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunsmoke11
I suggest you delay removing the forend to sand and clear coat. I don't see a grenade launching sight on your rifle, which seems to be on all the Yugos made from parts these days. Many didn't have side rails and usually the large wood grips are seen on them. If it's a pre-ban(1989) American Arms( a little over 400 imported), or Mitchell Arms import(400 underfolders imported) like I have, you'll hurt the value. Think twice before touching it.
Pre-Ban Mitchell underfolder

Pre-ban Mitchell folder.

I wish you'd stop posting those pics of your Yugo on here.. It's getting old, and I reallllly want it!! That this is effing beautiful..


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:00 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.