Hi
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Hi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hi

Im very New to the Forum..

First i want to say this forum is amazing.

Second i've been thinking for quite sometime.(This might be stupid but...)

I mean Nowadays most of us have the tecnologies and Materials in your grasp for making tradicional Firearms like Ak, Mauser rifles, M1 rifle.

Right or Wrong, anyone attemped making one?

What are the Prices like? I mean im looking for a Nice rifle, but i cant waste to much Money

Regards

Last edited by silent; 10-28-2010 at 09:28 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-29-2010, 12:11 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8943 Times on 3871 Posts
Likes Given: 1399

There are a number of firearms that people make for themselves, such as the AR type, and the AK. Perfectly legal to make a non-full auto in the US for yourself- you can't sell it, but you can make it.

To make a Muaser 98, or an M1 Garand, you will have some VERY complex machining and heat treatment to perform. If you are a Jouneyman tool & die maker, with an entire machine shop, imagine you could build one. Should not cost more than $5-6000 to do it.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.