Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   HELP Scope I bought wont fit on weaver rail (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/help-scope-i-bought-wont-fit-weaver-rail-72491/)

Gh0zt36 09-15-2012 10:38 PM

HELP Scope I bought wont fit on weaver rail

3 Attachment(s)
Man I hope I dint waste all this money fer nuthin.

Bought a UTG 5th gen AK receiver cover for my mak90 and a Itac Defense CP1 ilumated reticle tac scope ...

So I put the cover on , no problem. Then scope but the screws are too close together on the scope and wont seat propperly into the slots on the rail. Each screw fits into a slot so either front OR rear screw will seat but because of the screws not being far enough apart the only way I can get it on is to have the rear of the rail butted up against the rear screw on the scope. And A it looks retarded and B it couldnt be very stabe.

SSGN_Doc 09-15-2012 10:50 PM

It looks like the scope is made for weaver rail, and the action cover, rail is supposed to be picatinny dimensions.

Gh0zt36 09-15-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc (Post 942255)
It looks like the scope is made for weaver rail, and the action cover, rail is supposed to be picatinny dimensions.

MmmKay ...... adapter? Well I guess adapter is out of the question because the iron sight sight picture is already almost out of the scopes sight picture. :/ nice . im so dumb I paid 140 for the scope too Only hope is Itac makes a picatinny mount I can swap out . :/

Coyotenator 09-15-2012 11:05 PM

If, as it looks from your picture, it will go on with the rear screw against the back of the mount and if the spacing is consistent, then the spacing is correct and it should mount up.I would look to see if there is something holding the back of the mount up so that it won't seat.It looks like there is an attachment screw underneath the back holding the scope to the mount that might be sticking down far enough to hit and won't allow the rail to seat.

Hope you figure it out.

SSGN_Doc 09-15-2012 11:53 PM

Did you want the irons in the scope's view? With a magnified optic most folks don't want co-witness. If you want a non magnified red dot for speed I could see the co-witness being a factor.

If it does not fit. you could take a file to the rail and "custom" fit the scope. Just go slow until you get the exact fit.

Ranger-6 09-16-2012 12:18 AM

Take a file and deepen the slot a little, and maybe widen the slot, so it sits flush. There has always been a mismatch between picatinny and weaver.

Gh0zt36 09-16-2012 01:39 AM

Thanks I was pondering a file. didn't know if that was an option.

Garadex 09-17-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 (Post 942427)
Thanks I was pondering a file. didn't know if that was an option.

Dude your avatar pic disturbs me.

Gh0zt36 09-18-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garadex (Post 944038)
Dude your avatar pic disturbs me.

xD .............