Help :) - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Help :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

no lol its probably a waser-10 or a B-west gun if its a B-west Mak-90 there is a chance the receiver was not heat treated right

Old 06-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #22

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

So a LEO ran the serial number by the BATF and reported to you that it was not stolen, over the telephone? That is one helpful LEO.

I remember the MAK-90's, made to slide by some restrictions with that thumbhole stock and all.
I have called the pd an had many guns #'s checked took a few min an done no big deal.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #23

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Check out milsurpsutff.com I got all the stuff I needed for my sks there. Yoy can shoot him a email before you buy to make sure it will fit. Hes bottem back with me in a few hours every time I have. I got all the things I ordered in 3 days too.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
I have called the pd an had many guns #'s checked took a few min an done no big deal.
That hasn't been my experience with the situation. Here, the PD will check it with batf IF and only IF the PD has the firearm In Hand, no over-the-phone checks for them. I wondered about that and asked our state attorney general's office if there was a better way to check a firearm's status; they referred me to the batf. Batf basically agreed with the local PD in saying that it had to be part of an "active investigation" yada yada.

Lemme find that thread. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/serial-number-search-65925/index2.html That has the back and forth emails to the AG's and BATF.

Now, BITD, i seem to recall buddies getting somebody at the pawn shop to call the local PD or calling them directly, but that doesn't seem to be the party line nowadays, hence that was a VERY helpful LEO that ran a # over the phone.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 06-25-2012 at 08:37 PM.