Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Good SKS Scope mount?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Good SKS Scope mount?

Hello friends,

Can someone please recommend really good scope mount for Yugo SKS M59/66? I was searching Internet for it, got quite a few but there are really mix reviews. ops:

SKS Stocks - Everything for your SKS Rifle ... p_18.html#
22754 - B-Square SKS 56 Mount
SKS Stocks - Everything for your SKS Rifle ... _p_19.html

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #2

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The B-Square is probably the best of the bunch that you mentioned,you will have to cut the pin off of the receiver cover latch to install it though. Most of the file down types want hold zero before or after being removed and some don't even fit the Yugo SKS without being filed,there loose to begin with.

Personally I recommend one of these two if you want a solid mount,the Choate is a drill and tap mount,the Scout Mount requires just removing the rear sight assembly. You can use a long eye relief rifle or pistol scope or red dot site with the scout mount.

Collecting and Shooting the Military Surplus Rifle (2006) - Surplusrifle.com

*Collecting and Shooting the SKS* Carbine - Choate Scope Mount

Old 10-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #3

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I would think some kind or tactical rail system would be best.

Look here SKS Tactical Rail Systems

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #4

I got mine here:
SKS Accessories

SKS 3rd Gen High-profile See-Thru Weaver Scope Mount with AccuShot 1” Tactical Rings

I mounted this scope:
NcSTAR® 3 - 9x42 mm Laser / Scope has 5 brightness levels for pinpoint accuracy.

I got here:Discount Hunting Gear, Discount Hunting Boots, Discount Shoes, Discount Ammunition, Discount Ammo, Discount Boots, Military Surplus, Outdoor Gear At the Sportsman's Guide

A little loose, but, all in all, works well.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5645 Times on 3319 Posts
Likes Given: 4756

MOLOT SKS Original Rail with Rivets - Kalinka Optics Warehouse®
This one has been recommended to me as being good at keeping the scope closer to the barrel than some side rail setups using the comm-bloc type setups.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 10-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #6

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The MOLOT is an excellent side rail to use on the SKS,you can use machine thread screws and throw the rivets in the trash.

The Russian POSP 300 Meter range finder scopes are a great addition to use with the mount. Once sited in at 100 meters or 110 yds, with your selected x 39 ammo you simply use the built in range finder to range your target and use the inverted chevrons 1,2 or 3 @100 meters respectively to drop your rd. where you want it. The reticles are also illuminated for night or low light. There available in 2.5X up to 8X fixed and variable power.

The bad side is the cost total setup rail and scope depending on where you buy about $250 to $300. The good points rock solid mount,you have to remove nothing for clean the rifle,and the locking system on the scope allow you to remove and replace it without loosing your zero and it sits off center so no need for a case deflector to protect your scope. I missed out on the MOLOT rain it came out about a year after I installed my Choate mount.

Couple interesting reads,first Yugo has the original M89 scope.
Yugoslavia Model 59/66 SKS Sniper

Scope mount for Yugo sks - Gunboard's Forums

Kalinka has Molot SKS Rails

My Yugo
Picture009.jpg picture by rhsikes - Photobucket

Last edited by res45; 10-26-2009 at 10:12 PM.